GH: Jackie Zeman passed away

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I met her in 2018.. GH Convention in Burbank. She was so kind and was surprised that I came all this from Germany.

i told her that I want to name my future daughter after her character Barbara Jean. She was touched. I even told her that I was upset about her not having a new storyline and she agreed quietly with me. She didn’t even stopped or conversation. She took all her time for each Fan that was there. Not everyone did that. But she appericiated everyone of us! 

im shattered right now. I just came back from work and read that. I still can’t believe it

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I remembered that she was On OLTL first! So I went looking and pieced together her scenes from The Episode on YouTube That Got her, I'm also piecing together scenes with her as Trajectory as Bobbie! I'm deeply sad about her passing she was a Great Actress, and the bitter Irony that She had those flashbacks on her history On the Nurse's Ball, Lucy came back from the Dead and Now She Is Gone For Good!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I remember this. I thought this stuff was hysterical with how Bobbie cannot contain her gleeful laughter at this guy leaving town.

The tiny silver lining of this sad tragedy is it's gotten me fully revisiting 1996 especially for the first time in many years, as well as some of later '94/'95 I hadn't refreshed myself on, and so much of it is still so very good. I agree with you about Brad Maule - while he did return for Lucas a few years ago and did a great guest spot, I would love to see them find a way to use him here that isn't too much of a repeat. So much of his incredible and underrated work in the '90s was the heart of some of Jackie's best years too. And yes, I know Laura has been here almost twenty years and has done a fine job but they have to bring Sarah in somehow. She can play Carly in a scene like she did in 2014 or she can do a cameo like Yvette Nicole Brown's role for Sonya, I don't care.

If anyone can recommend a good ep on YT from the D.L. Brock or Jake Meyer eras I'm all eyes/ears.

Edited by Vee

• Members

In a perfect reality, Sarah would still be playing Carly.

The Carly/Bobbie relationship is something that suffered with every Carly recast. Because Jackie's role was so diminished by the time SJB left in 2001, Bobbie and Carly just never felt the same again whenever they would share scenes. I don't care how long LW has played the part, there is just some things she can't offer up that's definitive to that character.  It's evident that Sarah and Jackie put in the WORK in the 90's to make it all come together. 

• Members

Heartbreaking. I know a lot of us here grew up watching GH with that 80s/90s cast and she was a big part of that. All those stories with Tony, BJ dying, the relationships with Felicia and Luke, the fights with Lucy and Laura, finding out about Carly, the custody battle with Tiffany, her and Stefan- all core GH memories for me. She'll be missed.

I know it's a little early to speculate on what GH will do farewell wise but I'll echo people saying I hope they find a way to include Tony Geary, Brad Maule, Sarah Brown, and even Tamara Braun. 

When was the last time GH even had to deal with a cast member this active  appearance and story wise passing? When Mary Mae died? Epiphany came and went and I feel like we were barely seeing people like Edward, Steve Hardy, and Lila by the time they passed. Bobbie wasn't on a lot but she was still active and involved.

Edited by AdelaideCate007

• Members

I think part of it is down to the taping schedule now. IIRC John Ingle appeared a fair bit early in 2012 and throughout 2011, but they were still several months ahead at that time. And I don't think Edward had appeared in quite awhile after he got sicker. Then FV did what he did for John as he neared the end during the water crisis storyline that fall, in September '12 - something I will always be grateful to Frank for, and one of the classiest moves any EP's ever done at this or any soap. IIRC John was dead three weeks later.

It's different with Jackie, who was literally on like, the other day. She's still used fairly regularly, not as much as Kristina or John J. York or Kin or Lynn Herring, but she's around. I have to stop myself using present tense.

I would bring back Sarah full-time tomorrow if it was up to me - it would likely piss a lot of people off at the show and online, it probably couldn't greenlit, but I don't care. Laura is fine, Tamara is fine but there's only one. There's a reason the scenes from her era (or Tamara's) still keep coming up on social media like it was yesterday. There is not nearly as much of a sense of distance from those scenes or stories or that iteration of the character than you usually see with a long-ago performer IMO, because the material and performances were visceral, literate and modern in a way very little on daytime is today.

Edited by Vee