GH: Jackie Zeman passed away

• Members

In Jacklyn Zeman’s obituary in the New York Times, one of Zeman’s daughters mentioned how poignant it was to see some of the nurses who cared for her mother in her final days saying how much Bobbie Spencer had inspired them to become nurses. 
So many soap stalwarts who made these stories compelling passing away in the last few years, it feels so very sad.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes!!! I'd like to see Tony and BJ's ghosts come to Lucas as a halucination or something for her funeral. Wish Lucky coukd come as well. Hopefully Tony Geary can come for her funeral and Luke is revealed to be alive. 

Edited by ironlion

• Members

I see where you all are coming from but Luke & Bobbie's sibbling relationship was big on the show and IMO he should be there. There must be some way to write this in a non Luke-centric manner. 

Geary doesnt have to return but I'd like to see a characher as major as him go out better than died off screen in a train crash.

If Luke were to remain dead at minimum he could greet her into heaven like that Edward/Lila scene for like 5 seconds.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

This is why I am more in favor of something like the memorial for Kristoff St John. I want Bobbie to be remembered, but I really want Jackie to be remembered too.  That way we might have recorded statements from former cast mates and they can play a clip of them from the show in character.

• Members

I'm not going to fault the show for showcasing Bobbie's beloved daughter and granddaughter in a memorial, especially when Eden and Laura were clearly close to Jackie. But I do think the show's choices for any memorial definitely needs to go beyond the show's already prevalent Carly/Joss focus.

Tony Geary adored Jackie and put himself on the line for her at least once if not more; he should appear. Ryan Carnes should appear, Sarah Brown should appear, Tamara Braun should appear. It would be lovely if Brad Maule, Sam Behrens or other appropriate Bobbie-related characters/performers can appear. Enough of this would satisfy me.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Genius! This way, they can bring back the actors that are part of Jackie’s GH history, but don’t necessarily make sense as cameos on canvas anymore. I think Jackie, with her 45+ years on canvas, and at least 30 of them as a lead character, deserves the Jeanne Cooper/ Kristoff St. John real life/ reel life honour. 

For the real Jackie tribute, they can bring back the ex-husbands dead or alive (Brad Maule, Sam Behrens), the Carly’s (Tamara Braun, Sarah Brown), the Lulu’s (namely Julie Bergman), and Tony Geary. I think each of these players will have so much to share about their old friend. 

For the reel life, I hope we get Lucas back (Ryan Carnes) and close-out his storyline. Lucky (JJ) is a welcomed bonus. I pray Leslie Charleson is back as Monica by then too, she and Bobbie’s relationship and rapport was such a big part of the show for so long. 

We are fortunate that so many of Bobbie’s friends (Felicia, Laura, Scotty) and foes (Lucy) are still viable characters on canvas. The fallout from her death will be really felt.