Days: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yes, that's what I think it was. It was always Small Bar on the scripts, as I would list it that way in my monthly set totals. I think they just did it as an "inside joke" sort of thing, one that I loved immensely when Alex first mentioned it on air as Small Bar earlier this year.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The best part of today's episode was seeing Christopher Sean and Colton Little in the closing credits. Surprised you know who wasn't in them considering everyone knows they appear this week.

The homoerotic scenes with Ben and Leo were useless and so were the Xander and Ben's macho confrontation. I kept expecting for both to rip off each others clothes and mud wrestle at the square.

Please register in order to view this content

Oh and it was nice seeing adorable Tripp too!

Mr. Bobblehead was on too.

• Members

If Ron insists on keeping Leo (which seems to be the case) they need to make him a real character.   He is just a walking stereotype that cracks cringey jokes at this point.  It wouldn't be so bad if Leo's only purpose was to make snarky one liners and was strictly a sidekick that popped up every now and again, but Leo is practically a main character.  He has no depth, he's not interesting, he's made no personal growth in the 3 or 4 years he's been on the show, and he doesn't seem to be popular with the audience.  I imagine Ron wants Leo to be somewhat similar to David Vickers with the harebrained schemes and witty humor, but it's not landing.  GR is fairly talented so I think he's capable of making Leo seem like a real life human being and not a character out of a bad sitcom.   At this point I would have rather seen Paul and Andrew talk about the weather or read a phonebook on their plane ride home to Salem for an entire episode than see Alex/Leo have an entire episode dedicated to Ron's personal homoerotic fantasy.

• Members

That's where I'm at. I think GR is pretty good! He's certainly funny, and he's shown depth in Leo when it's occasionally been written. I thought Beyond Salem 1 did a nice job of keeping Leo as a shady schemer but also warming up the main characters toward him, so it made even less sense when they all came for him, guns blazing, back on the main show when he turned out to be Craig's boyfriend. They keep teasing growth and then regressing him, and there's just this obnoxious sense of self-satisfaction about all his dialogue. Leo is someone who should be an Ivan-level character who's instead the new Daniel.

• Members

I actually thought his initial arc with Sonny that ended with Diana being revealed as his mother and John possibly being his father showed some growth for him.  When Leo left he was a bit sympathetic revealing his troubled upbringing and his desire for John to actually be his father.  Beyond Salem moved that development forward decently.  Leo actually was poised to make a decent comeback, but I agree 100% the Craig stuff really regressed him.  I also agree about the self-satisfaction of his dialogue.  Leo is not someone who unwittingly gets in his own way trying to be a good guy.  He makes poor decisions consistently for purely selfish gains and gets upset when the people he hurts take issue with it.  I don't know what we are supposed to take away from Leo's character.  He's not the wacky sidekick or comic relief, he's not a villian you love to hate, he's not an anti-hero, and he's not rootable.  He's just around constantly not bringing any value to the show.

• Members

I thought today was actually an improvement over yesterdays and Monday.

A lot of interesting things happened today that could be used for future story; EJ and Stefan’s “detente”, Li encouraging Gabi to start a new clothing line. That all could be good if it’s handled well. And I was also liking the seeds that were planted today for Tripp/Wendy/Johnny.

And agreed with everybody that Leo is excruciating and unnecessary. And that his regression from Beyond Salem to Craig til now has been ridiculous. I’m sorry to say it but at this point they should just kill him off. He brings absolutely nothing to the show but cringe. 

I’d rather see a bloody, violent brawl It’s been a long time since we’ve had one on Days 

One of the many, many reasons why Craig/Leo, IMO, just might have been Ron’s worst story ever in his entire career. 

And the fact that Craig and Nancy were destroyed for no reason other than for Ron to get his rocks off makes it even worse. 

Haha I actually liked Leo back then 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

To their tiny credit, at least we hear the chatter of people and phones ringing off the hook in the background to help with the ambience. Granted, we never *see* any extras shuffling in the background... 

The aptly named Small Bar sounds like another Club TBD.  A set to be named later that was never named so they just used the working title from the script.