Days: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Shawn-D is lucky to have married well.  He's a part-time beat cop who picks up a shift whenever he's in town and not being kidnapped. He's Victor's grandson but was never in contention for CEO, unlike his most of his second cousins.  And he lives in his mother's bedroom because he can't seem to afford his own place.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I mean he married Belle who sucks in general and also cheats on him once every few years, so I feel like he deserves whatever monetary support he gets from Belle.  At least he has a job.  In the mid 2000's he actually had a story about having no life direction or job (nor did Belle) and he worked at Max's garage or something and I think he actual did do a stint at Titan or attempted to.  Not as CEO, of course, but I don't think anyone has ever considered Shawn-D smart.

• Members

I don't mind him being a cop because of his parents, but I don't exactly think Belle or Shawn's careers make sense either.  Perhaps Shawn could own a garage or do something with boats? I don't buy Belle as a good lawyer and I actually liked when she decided she was going to become a nurse.  And then never mentioned it again and got written off...

• Members

I guess there's only so much you can do with a mechanic on a soap though, which is why people end up becoming a cop/lawyer/doctor. It would be interesting if they had pushed Shawn / Belle into a more lower middle class dynamic though as it could lead to different conflicts in their relationships, but it's been so long since DAYS (and in all honesty soaps in general) dealt with such matters.

• Members

Happy to see that Shawn and Belle were included in today’s episode. He needs to be a part of this storyline as much as anyone else does. 

As for Paul and Andrew, I’m glad that they’re taking a chance and becoming a couple, but at the same time, I feel like they rushed it a little. Let them have some angst first. They should have brought up a lot of aspects, like their hectic schedules, the fact that Andrew’s cousin was once the love of Paul’s life, etc. And it would have been so good if they had been about to kiss, then be interrupted by Hope’s call. Drag it out a little, then at the end of this whole caper, they could become a couple.

But I’m still glad lol I just hope that when it comes to love scenes that Colton doesn’t get the Zach Tinker treatment, like he did today

Please register in order to view this content

And of course, it was great seeing Bo. Figured he was under some kind of mind control. 

But while watching today, I just totally realized something. If the second chance that Bo got meant that time was altered and that Bo was never dead and in Heaven, then how would he have been able to bring Tripp back to life? Or give Ciara the strength to save the baby from the devil? Sounds like we have a Terminator paradox on our hands

Andrew was also Shane’s father name. He and Kim named him after their dads: Andrew Shawn. 

• Members

Major goof-up in today's (3/17) episode, lol! Will they correct WHEN to do the ending credits? Actually, it was done twice. Glad I could still hear the audio during Marlena and Kayla's scene with Dr. Rolf toward the end. So wild. No, not the actual story itself. It's Peacock. Sloppy.

Edited by Noel

• Members

It happened exactly as you described. I kept thinking I must have a device glitch, or I need coffee! But then I saw your post, and then I noticed comments about this on twitter.

It's possible some viewers may have assumed the episode was over, and stopped watching when the "glitch-credits" began displaying, I sure hope that didn't happen, but who knows.
If anyone stopped watching, they would have missed that important Megan/Bo/Kate scene at the end.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Yeah, I had to rewind it two times to make sure I wasn't smoking crack. Hey, it happens. I was doing crack-like behavior but minus the jaw tweaking because that can be so brutal. And I love my cute teeth. But no, I had to rewind it twice. So wild. I was still intrigued though as I noticed today's episode seemed a little longer. 

• Members

Yeah, Hope seemed devastated to hear about Marlena and Kayla and then managed to change the subject and make it all about herself, lol! I need to watch this again. 

Please register in order to view this content