Days: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

IMO, Peter Reckell has always been decent/good.  Not great, not going to win emmys, but a solid Days lead.  He was just so off today.  He must be rusty or trying something as a brain washed guy.  But I don't remember brainwashed Bo from the 2000's being this awkward.

@SoapsudsI literally thought the same thing about Paul/Andrew.  Can't Paul go anywhere to coach?  If he was specifically tied to a University perhaps, but it seemed like he was coaching a minor league team from the dialogue, which I think could have more flexibility.

Belle/MM are bland, but it was a better bland performance than usual lol

Edited by carolineg

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

BTW, wouldn't you love to travel like they do on a soap?

John flew from Salem to the west coast for about an hour, had a beer with his son, and then went back home.

Andrew spent the day at his office, then flew cross country (without luggage), and was able to catch Paul before he went to sleep.

Of course, nobody ever needs a ride to the airport, connecting flights, or even a laptop to watch a movie.  And when you arrive, no need to text your loved ones, they're sure to be home waiting for you with a cold cocktail.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Paul's excuse just doesn't make any sense to me. My cousin is a coach and he moves around. His wife got relocated due to her job and he got a coaching job where she was relocated to.

During MM scenes I kept thinking who could replace her in the role.

I thought the same but I remember what Will said that a lot of family showed up. We never saw the funeral so we don't know who supposedly showed up. But if Paul had gone to the funeral why was he giving his dad condolences for Marlena's death? Tells me he didn't bother to show up.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Charity Rahmer?  

Please register in order to view this content

Any other blonde that's 40 in Hollywood?  My hate for MM's Belle and Belle in general knows no bounds, but I did like her today and with Brady the other day.

I think the subtitle actually had the ........ too

My brother is a football/sports trainer for a big University and he has a contract and does work with other athletes as a trainer in other sports, so if they explained it more in that vein it would make sense.  It sounds like he's coaching the San Jose AAA Flyers in winter on this though.  

• Members

Paul specifically mentioned that he was at the funeral, he was just checking in to see how John was doing currently

Also, realistically, wouldn't Paul seem like a bit of psycho if he moved to DC to start a relationship with a guy that was a casual hookup while on a vacation adventure? 

Edited by j swift

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Is that Terri Conn?  Isn't she busy selling Tupperware on home shopping?

I mean it's not Salem where they only allow a maximum of four gay men to live in town at the same time.  Paul lives in San Fransisco and Andrew in DC where there are tons of options that are more geographically desirable. 

Edited by j swift