Days: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

The best part of today's show was the ISA offices fake indoor buliding. Today's show was crap!

Bo and Hope have the same story Gabi and Stefan had.

Peter still sucked.

The flashbacks were annoying and wasted a lot of time.

Hope and Harris redux from BS2.

Not a very good episode.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I thought the flashbacks were a clever storytelling technique.  It made me want to go back and see if it fit with what we watched, in terms of Rolf leaving during the Stefan story, and if Johnny and Wendy figured out the lair, but don't realize it because nobody's asked.

They keep specifying that Dr. Rolf kept someone in an altered state for a decade, and he doesn't seem to be referencing Megan, so I keep wondering if this is Bo (because he was dead for less than a decade). 

I also appreciate that Rolf's weakness is that he likes to brag about his accomplishments, but since he can't publish in a medical journal, he has to settle for Kayla and Marlena.

However, the pacing is still odd because we focus on one story at a time, and there's no co-existing b-story.  I get that this was supposed to be a stand-alone episode, but now that it's not, the choice to suspend the other plots seems remarkable.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I liked the Chelsea mention because I liked the actress who played her. A return visit could be fun. 

For them, this was a decent explanation. It tracks that a Dimera would have a lifelong obsession with someone. All the brainwashing and scifi is how they operate. I still think Salemites should have learned something about managing dead people (or identifying death correctly), or just inserting trackers, but I guess the whole show collapses if people prepare for the inevitable kidnappings so I can roll with it. I think they did well, for them.

My main beef is the limited cast in this story. Shawn is a cop, it'd be easy to slot him in. At least one Dimera should be trying to find Megan. Eric and Brady literally just deprogrammed someone with items found in a kitchen, they could provide practical help. Such a missed opportunity for a really epic story. 

hope that the psychic bonds between John/Marlena and Bo/Hope are at least as strong as what  Ciara/Ben have. I also hope John starts a support group for brainwashed men. There's a fun scene to be had with him, Ben, Stefan, Bo, and Harris. And Steve too, right, because he was Stefano for a while? Lots of them now, since it's easier to write that than choices and consequences. 

• Members

Paulina was a dick today. I’m Team Sloan. 

And I’m glad that we finally saw some of Sloan’s humanity today. The acting still needs work, but at least they’re finally giving her character more to do, and the actress more to work with. 

I still like her and Eric together, though the show really missed a beat by not including Allie’s reaction to it.

They tried to make Remington Hoffman like RSW today

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Hey! I'm sure there are lots and lots female audiences who would KILL for that smile of Remy's. Kind of like those girls you see at a Justin Bieber concert who want to rip his clothes off or taste his sweat? 

I will never like the character of Sloane. Yep. Ever since that bitch propped her nasty ass feet on the table next to breakfast fruit and pastries at the Kiriakis mansion. Oh, yeah! I will never get that image out of my head. If someone did that inside my house? Oh, no, no, no, no. We're about to have some serious words.

• Members

I loved Chelsea and Rachel Melvin.  She had one of the greatest character turn arounds for me because I absolutely hated her when she first appeared and adored her by the time she left.  I actually loved her with Nick until it got weird and he slept with her mom.   Did we know Max/Chelsea were married before Kate said that yesterday?

Remington Steele Hoffman has a nice smile. He just smiles at completely inappropriate times and it's a strange acting tic he seems to have.

The Paulina/Sloan conflict is strange.  I don't know why Paulina feels the need to be so self-righteous about covering something up while Sloan always fails to see her dad was a total perv.  It leaves me feeling like they both suck.  But I do like Sloan.  She has grown on me even if her acting hasn't grown lol.

• Members

The conversation exchange between Jada and her sister went so deep as far as brown sugar is concerned. The bowls of fruit look good though.

I like EJ and Nicole together. No. I'm not a couples fan. It's just that EJ brings out the inner-best in Nicole. You know, being a bitch but relatable, you know? I'll never forget EJ and Nicole's elevator sex scene. I think it was right before or after the Summer Olympics in 2008?. Now, that was hot. 

Please register in order to view this content

However, EJ and Nicole are making this way too obvious—like when Stefan kept hounding everyone and their great-grandmother to have a drink with him.

I know David Kreizman is a breakdown writer and all, but a part of me wonders if he's nudging Ron for a "Kissing Cousins" storyline with this Sloane Peterson character. It would be funny if Sloane and Eric were actually siblings, lol! I've seen those sibling real-life stories before where the toothless brother is all like, "My sister and I care 'fer one another. Our love since day one have been undeniable." while he's opening up a can of pork-n-beans.

Yeah, most of the men were shirtless today while most of the ladies wore floral print. Gabi's denim is cute though.

Edited by Noel

• Members

If we're going to have a lust fest for Christopher Sean - oh please - let me join in. LOL

Not only is Chris Sean unbelievably handsome but he's also a very good actor who has the ability to create chemistry with nearly every male character he was romantically involved with. From Guy Wilson to Freddie Smith {at least in the beginning}, to Spencer Neville {Derek} to Chandler Massey and to presently Colton Little. Mainly because I think he's totally comfortable playing the sexuality of his character. Not to mention Sean has fantastic father/son chemistry with Drake Hogestyn.