Days: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Agreed; he's the ultimate catch. 

Is he the one that gave us Willow the Hooker who was involved with Shawn? And Shawn and Belle were on the run from Phillip with Claire in some island location? I seem to recall early 2007 was when DAYS toyed with the idea of completely backburnering John/Marlena, Bo/Hope, and other vets in an effort to use the younger, cheaper cast and it backfired. 

• Members

Talk about a missed opportunity. 

I'd still like to know when/how they discovered it was Penelope Kent floating in The Killing Pool, but much like Maya and the mysterious goop in 2003, some questions will never be answered... 

I remember this, and Reilly being the subtle writer that he is, when Chelsea and Billie (Julie Pinson) shook hands when they first met, there was this long pause as Billie looked in Chelsea's eyes and we the audience knew right away she was "dead" baby Georgia. 

• Members

Yep. That story got out of hand. I found Willow utterly intolerable but it was clear someone at the show was absolutely fascinated with her. I vaguely remember some gossip claiming the actress was involved with someone BTS but I may be imagining things.

And didn't she somehow end up in the DAYS writing credits a few years ago?

Edited by Vee

• Members

That I didn’t mind at all

Please register in order to view this content

What I mind is the extremely biased writing in favor of RSW. Even though I agree about how hot he is, I’m just so tired of Alex and the biased writing in favor of him.

Plus, it’s not like he’s the only hot guy on the show

• Members

Willow was just a completely unlikeable character.  She was one of the worst characters ever.   

Who was the writer pushing Morgan Hollingsworth so hard.  I know there were rumors about the actress behind the scenes, but was Ed Scott pushing her?

I actually think the new Stephanie is exactly like Hennig lol, but I didn't think SH was that great as Stephanie.  I actually liked the red headed race car 1st one.

I think they let Kristen touch on the fact that she was an actual sex slave, but Marlena was so casual about Kristen popping up and this is a women that dramatically gasps when John buys her flowers.  It was so anti climatic.

You are 100% right about everything, but if I have to tolerate RSW I would prefer him shirtless.

• Members

Oh right, that may be who I was thinking of instead. IIRC the rumors there were specifically about the Morgan actress and Ed Scott.

I loved Shayna Rose, the redhaired racing Stephanie too. I found it a unique look and character type. Most people hated her though. I've found every Stephanie since boring.

• Members

I think that's who you might be thinking of too.  Willow was pushed, but I don't remember hearing any rumors about her, but I actually thought she was much less likable than Morgan who didn't bother me.  She was just everywhere all at once. 

Shayna Rose was definitely more interesting.  She wasn't as blandly pretty or cookie cutter as a heroine and I liked that for Steve/Kayla's daughter, but I remember most people disliking her.  She certainly looked more like a Steve/Kayla child than the two brunette actresses that followed her.  Stephanie, Belle, Abby, Melanie, etc all filled a very similar role in the mid 2000's and it would have been nice to see a more standout Stephanie.

• Members

JER loved to make everyone race car drivers on his shows back then for no real reason (E.J. and Max were both racers and I'm not sure E.J.'s origins there have been mentioned in aeons), but I actually thought the profession suited the child of an '80s supercouple from an era of high-octane action (and a man like Steve). Once she was dumped I found Stephanie became a much more conventional and boring heroine in both looks and persona.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Wow! This is bringing back a lot of memories. I remember back in the day, I was team Hogan Sheffer after that JER mess. Although, JER gave me Queen Kristen. And I will forever be truly grateful. But yeah, I was ready for Hogan to deliver, and well ...

God, I hated Willow. I didn't mind JER's first run, but when he came back with Salem Stalker and all that jazz, I became weary. 

Edited by Noel