Days: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Lol EJ the racecar driver.  JER really did have a weird obsession for Nascar for a minute lol.   At least it's a more exciting job than Stephanie's boring ass PR firm.  I think Hennig gets a lot of love for the rape story and she was good in that, but overall she's meh to me.  I think her and Phillip were decent, but it was all happening during the Max dating all his relatives time period we were just talking about lol.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Was he Jewish?  I know his mother was, but I don't recall him every saying one way or the other.  I only remember him trying to drown Stephanie in a hot tub and trying to make a business out of flying directly from Salem to Vegas.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I'm a barely practicing half-Jew myself, but my understanding is if your mother's Jewish you're full-on Jewish. Have I shamed my (partial) people again? Anyway, they ended up casting that Nazi.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I am with @carolineg, I always liked Molly Burnett. The mistake was Dena then trying to center the show around her, tearing down characters like Nick for her, etc. Jamey Giddens and DC making a hue and cry against Molly their mission in life also heavily shifted fandom perception online IMO. They acted like anyone they didn't like was a 'hair model' and could not act, and that was never the case with Burnett.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I feel like the writers have purposefully avoided having Alex and Xander in the same story until this week because of the awkward circumstance that they share the same name.  Obviously, IRL more than one person in town has the same moniker, but it is remarkable on a soap that not only does RSW play two parts, but one of them has the same name as another character. 

Maggie telling Brady that she could still be his AA sponsor even though she was now the CEO was incredibly dumb.  It's her first week on the job, she hasn't seen him for weeks, and it has been a long time since he sought her advice, so it was an unnecessary interaction. 

And Chloe's motivation to stay out of Leo's column lacked logic.  Brady was pleading with Kristen to get Rachel to stop being a brat to Chloe.  And, he just spent a week trying to de-program Stefan to get her back.  So, why would one mention in a gossip column (based on the truth that they both already know) threaten their relationship?  Historically, Chloe has always known when she has the upper hand in a relationship.  So her sudden desperation seems out of character. 

Overall it is weird that so many things happen in a day when we don't focus on the Beyond Salem crowd, but time moves so slowly in the BS3 episodes. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

I always thought Molly Burnett was a perfect young lead.  She wasn't going to be Marlena and she shouldn't have been the lead, but there was nothing wrong with her.  There was so much hate for her and her character for no reason.  Clearly Molly is doing well in the acting business and I think the popular opinion online was she was awful, but she wasn't.  It was actually Jamey Giddens gunning for her for no reason.

• Members

I am not the best at keeping up with DC and their thoughts, but Molly Burnett was the least of Days problems at the time.  

To pivot back to our original conversation if Shelly Hennig is fab, how is Molly Burnett bad?  Melanie at least had a personality outside of bland heroine.

Edited by carolineg