Days: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think with Kristian back there was no way they could've allowed Bo/Billie to continue despite their popularity, unless Kristian had majorly taken off with someone else. (Which has never happened, despite many attempts including many with Drake, some by JER himself)

I adored Bo and Billie as a kid and was heartbroken by their break-up, but I knew it was probably inevitable bc I'd been made familiar with the legend of Bo and Hope.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was thrilled to see the end of Bo/Billie, since I have never liked Billie, no matter who played her. And JER tried to destroy Bo/Hope at her expense, and...that's where I am.

The fact that RKK turned out to be a trashy human just made the pivot back to Bo/Hope that much easier.

• Members

I think Bo/Bille/Hope could have been a much more viable quad ala John/OGRoman/Marlena if all actors stayed in place or even with a PR swap out.  I don't think Rinna had awesome chemistry with PR, but she herself was a chemistry magnet back then so I do think the triangle had legs.   If RKK stayed as Bo there would have been more rooting value towards Bo/Billie, but if the timing was better and people weren't leaving as others were coming I think it's a strong top or 2nd story to John/Marlena/Kristen as opposed the third or fourth tier treatment it was given in the late 90's.  But it is what it is.  I do think Bo/Hope were done a bit dirty by JER and I don't have the strong pull towards them as I do to John/Marlena and I think it is wholly based on when I started watching and who was the #1 couple.

• Members

I have no issue with Peter or Kristian together. I just think most of their stories in the last 30 years have sucked, lol. That's not their fault. Re-pairing Bo and Billie definitely wouldn't work now, though.

• Members

Oh for sure.  It would never work. On a different note, I noticed when Kate was talking to Bo she was saying they were family mentioning how she was married to his father and brother, but no mention of being his daughter's grandmother.  Does Chelsea not exist anymore?  lol..

• Members

Kate mentioned Chelsea to Bo today, so I'm glad the writers didn't forget that history. 

So, an anti-age serum to make Megan and Bo dip into the fountain of youth? 

Please register in order to view this content

Okay. Actually, it would be funny if Megan and Bo reverted back to 30 or 40 years ago played by a younger Bo and Megan, lol! Meanwhile, Dr. Rolf seems to be having issues aging them back. After a year or so, older Hope becomes a cougar for her younger Bo. And it's Hope's kiss that ages Bo back to 60 while Megan remains to be the younger breathless wonder who still wants to be with her Papi. And that Papi is Bo Brady.

This storyline is genius. 

• Members

They actually remembered Chelsea today

Please register in order to view this content

I liked the Bo/Kate scenes. Peter and Lauren actually have good non-romantic chemistry. Similar to the chemistry that he had with Loretta Devine in BS2. And the cliffhanger was really good again as well. 

And I did see a little chemistry between Harris and Hope Not a lot, but some.

As for who stole the orchid, I don’t mind it. But they really gotta beef up security at the Dimera mansion. Everything’s that happened over there in the past year and people still can pass through it like it’s a subway station

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

C'mon, Kate. We all know how hospital gowns work. Show us some skin! So, they do make hospital gowns in that color. When I was at the hospital, they looked at me all weird when I asked if they had gowns in a shade of blue instead of green. I look better in blue although I do like a good kiwi or forest green. Back to Kate, show us some skin!

• Members

...for the same reason why soap fans get/got mad when their octogenarian favorites weren't given frontburner storylines anymore even though the actors could barely remember their lines.

For a good 20+ years now, so many soap fans (of all the soaps, not just DAYS) were only interested in their 80's/90's favorites, and the newbies were rejected by and large. So here we are, 2023, and our adventurous superheroes need walking canes and hearing aides (Drake is sporting one, yes?) 

• Members

He's so gorgeous!  How can you not lust after him?

Anyway, today's show was fine.  It absolutely looks like a Beyond Salem episode especially when they give the location/time updates lol and use some weird hospital commercial background for the ISA headquarters.  I highly doubt Hope's spy skills are revered throughout the ISA.

Marlena is going to telepathically reach out to John.  The moment everyone  (just me lol) has been waiting for.  

I think KA and SBu have really good chemistry.  Yes, I hate myself over it, but they do........

Peter was a little better today.  So the screen said several hours later and cut to John/Steve at the Pub but the second scene was Kate/Bo.  Were they just literally standing around staring at each other for several hours because the scene picked up the same scenario/convo lol.

I am absolutely interested in my faves and watch for them, but I would be fine with their children being involved.  I know people talk a lot about the veterans airtime and I always enjoy seeing them, but Deidre is like 75 years old.  We are lucky she is still acting lol.

And, yes, Drake has a visible hearing aid.