Days: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, at least the Spectator finally has an office

Please register in order to view this content

Jada should still be in Eric’s orbit and should still be pregnant with his baby. That would be a lot better to see than whatever the hell’s going on between her and Rafe right now. The pregnancy could have also been the thing that brought Talia to Salem, instead of whatever’s going to happen.

Chad was stupid today. Uncharacteristically stupid. I still like Chad and Stephanie but they can come up with much better conflict for them then this. And agreed with Chad that Alex is a douchebag. Yes, he actually said the word

And I see they’re trying to make Maggie the villain, but it’s not going to work. I don’t care what she does, nothing will ever make me Team Alex. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Yes, the spectator has the usual conference room/office set with two partitions.  Peacock $$$

I still can't believe how badly the show dropped the ball with Jada's pregnancy.  I remember you and I were convinced she was still pregnant and lied about the abortion, but apparently we have more creative minds than Ron.   The conversation between Rafe/Jada was so awkward.  Why is Rafe so weird?  He's a man who's been married multiple times why is he acting like a teenager?

I don't necessarily think Maggie is supposed to be the villian.  It seems like her plans for the company are well thought out.  But if that is the intent it won't work for me either.  I am not going to ever be sad Alex the nepobaby doesn't get to run the entire company.

It's weird Chanel can't hire a single employee lol.  I would assume the business would be separate from her personal assets, but what do I know?

• Members

It would have been a lot better than this conflict of interest stuff lol 

I like messes and Eric, in love with Nicole but angry at her, sleeping with Sloan and also about to be a father would have been a pretty good mess. Jada could have been conflicted about how Eric is acting and could be questioning whether or not she wants to shut Eric out of the baby’s life, she could be lashing out at Sloan and Nicole, weaving Talia into it, etc. Rafe could still be a part of it, just have him be secondary in the story

Please register in order to view this content

As for Maggie, if she was playing against any other actor/character, I’d agree with you about her not really being written as the villain, but with RSW, I’m not so sure. The agendas in the writing has been evident for years now. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

You mean you didn't find Rafe/Jada's playful banter about whether or not eating at the Pub was a date super adorable and compelling lol?  Nicole/Eric breaking up, Eric making poor choices, and Jada questioning Eric's parenting ability/sobriety clearly would have been less interesting 

I am no Maggie fan, but she has shown adeptness at running businesses before even though they were restaurants.  Alex seems to just sexually harass his employees and we are just told he's good at business.  I don't feel any sympathy for him, but I suppose the audience might.  But, like you said, Chad spilling intimate details about Stephanie/Alex's breakup doesn't bode well for Alex being the heavy in anything.

• Members

Since the Victor/Maggie pairing, I've always thought it could be a great story that Maggie finds herself getting deeper into the Kiriakis fold and way of thinking, slowly losing her morals and sense of self more and more. Play on her insecurities that have been a part of her character since she started on the show. Have her slowly lose her friends, her daughters, especially Melissa, being cautious of the relationship forming on the heels of Mickey's death and then downright against it. Maggie becoming hard faced, cynical, vengeful at times. The irony being, her changes in personality start to turn Victor off and eventually he starts treats her like he has the past women in his life, she's becomes completely alone and falls apart. Once Victor is done with her, she's completely and utterly alone. The drink gets the best of her again. So much could have been done.