Days: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Definitely, but Li is especially puzzling.  He is the villian, but I swear some days I think the show wants me to feel bad for him.  Even the ending today.  Are we supposed to care he caught Gabi/Stefan together?  Sure she lied about where she was but she has been crystal clear about the fact that she loves Stefan and hates Li.  So I don't get the cliffhanger unless tomorrow he starts strangling them or something

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It seems like they’re torn between writing him as a psycho camp villain or as a gray character.

I prefer the latter.

I wish they’d make a decision. For how he’s written and how Sloan is as well. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Question: If you had someone who kept insisting of having a drink with you, would it make you suspicious? If not at first, then how many times would it take? 

And yes, this is DAYS related. 

Edited by Noel

• Members

Why is Li even running around town? He should be in prison. This soap is a complete joke.

Everyone's acting was horrible.

How was Sloan able to freeze Paulina's assets? Its ridiculous considering the case hasn't even been heard by a judge. Just stupid writing. It makes no sense. I'm so sick of the story too.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I think if RH was a stronger actor the grey aspect of his villainy would work better or they could just take him to full on psycho.  I think RS's limited ability is hampering what Days is trying to do with Li.  I can't believe they would cast Li's sympathetic sister and evil father if they didn't have investment in keeping him around.  We were absolutely supposed to feel bad about Li's dad berating him and bitch slapping him, but the scenes came off campy and funny instead.

I think BB is a decent actor.  The whole Jake accent thing was a miss, but he was quite good on GH. I think he's sorta lost his way on Days because the writing is so odd for Stefan, but I do think BB is quite capable.

@AbcNbc247I do think Sloan is written with some humanity.  I think the actress is weak as well, but I think she will end up a heroine.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I found the age vs. age thing with Sloane and Nicole a little stupid. Why society still uses older age as an excuse to belittle someone else is a pointless argument. I mean, we can't help the year we came out of our mother's uterus, you know?

Anyway, so about that obsessent "Want to Have a Drink?" thing. Umm ... I wouldn't be suspicious at first, but I think after the third or fourth time, I'd finally turn around to someone and ask: "Why does this punk ass bitch keep asking me if I want a drink?"

What Li's father needs is a frying pan to the face. I'm ready to make some fried chicken.

Edited by Noel

• Members

I'd cut Li's father some slack.  Li has to be a huge disappointment as a son and I can see why he wouldn't get the appeal of Gabi.  She's a teenage single mom that's been to prison multiple times, been in several serious relationships, has awful schemes that have included trying to kill Julie and blow up in her face 100% of the time and is completely obsessed with a man that is not Li currently.  I'd bitch slap Li too.  Gabi is not even worth the hassle and I like Gabi.  I can see why Daddy Shen is upset.

• Members

I don't. I see it at as emotionally abusive and I'm curious about their upbringing. We don't really know. Even though this is pure fiction, I think it's plausible to wonder. 

I'm different though. I won't be having anyone poppin' off their mouth on me. I'll get alley rat on ya.

Edited by Noel