Days: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree that Brady's plot potential with regard to his love life are not intriguing enough to sustain my interest in the character.

But, also, the character has no employment specialization in order to be in any other plot than a romance.  He's not a doctor, lawyer, scientist, cop, or spy.  So, they haven't developed him to be able to do anything but lay in bed, or pine for a lost love.  If Basic Black was still a thing then he could spar professionally with EJ and Stefon.  It might be fun to pit Brady and Nicole against Alex and Stephanie.  However, there is no reason for the audience to believe that Brady has any talent or ambition in that domain.

For me, the only thing interesting is his relationship with Rachel.  I like that the kid is sort of a brat.  Yet, John has really been the only one to try to discipline or socialize Rachel.  Acknowledging, Kristen's genetic influence on Rachel's mental health, but trying to provide an environment that reduces that effect would be a unique story in daytime.  Imagine if he consulted with Marlena about the mistakes she made in rearing Sami, and they opened a parent partner support practice.   Otherwise, there's not much there for me and his regularly scheduled monthly shirtless scenes have lost their novelty.

Edited by j swift

• Members

These continuous exists are really ridiculous. They can't keep them in the canvas when you know who returns? Yet they continue to keep the most unlikeable characters on the canvas.

You're so silly!  This will never happen.

• Members

I wouldn't mind seeing sparring couples. lol. 

That is so true though. It's funny that Brady definitely has businessman experience but it's never really used. And he has the dark side to play a business raider, but...alas.