Happy Birthday SON!!πŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆ

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Webmaster

The only other female I can thin of is Venus (aka: @Queen_Nubia). We weren’t really strong on female representation, oddly, considering soaps is a female driven business.

I avoid the archives to the point I forget they exist. Too much evidence of what an asshole I used to be. If anyone still thinks I am one, okay…but I used to be far worse, lol. We can change. Hahaha.

In my world, sex, fine…18. Everything else? 21

If you can die for your country you should be able to drink and do stupid stuff while going out with a literal bang.

That is a tramatizing gif. The liquid inside does look quite chill though.

• Members

From the time I got on this board, you’ve seemed pretty chill @ErrolΒ and fairly even-keeled even when things get hectic.Β 
Β 

I have learned a WHOLE LOT since I have arrived on this board and 90% of it has been fun for me.
I was someone who was mainly concerned with scripts, the writing process and actors’ interpretations of the scripts. I knew some basic show history, but being on this board, reading interviews and learning about backstage and BTS dynamics, some juicy, has really expanded what I know about the genre over the years.

• Members

@ErrolΒ I did not know that Inception Story about SON! I have been part of the SON community for a long time, was part of the previous SON board. I remember the spoof board soap we did called The SON Also Rises.Β 

Coming onto this site is part of my weekly routine, and I cannot imagine not checking in to catch up with familiar names and posts. Even though I don't watch Daytime regularly anymore. This is so much more than a Daytime board, though. People here celebrate television and pop culture in all its forms, scripted, unscripted, the talent (or not) in front of camera AND behind the scenes. The level of discussion is usually top-tier, very knowledgeable and often whip-smart. And funny, lol. So, Many Happy Returns, SON !

• Webmaster

LOL. I have a long memory since I got here early enough. I forget what that other message board was called that preceded SON, but there was another spinoff board from it that was run by rivals of @Toups and Alyssa (lol) that didn’t survive, obviously. It was yet another soap opera spoiler heavy site (message board) β€” but those don’t last, btw. Once sources dry up, what else do you got? That’s why SON has lasted as long as it has because we’re more than spoilers as you noted above. Because of the kinds of discussions happening on the SON Community, I feel comfortable delving into some outside of the box stories for the site because I know y’all will actually read them or find them of interest. Other soap opera sites I find are boxed in because they don’t have that audience.

Every single contributor to the SON Community discussion forums I value because collectively we’re all made smarter by the knowledge brought to a conversation that would otherwise be an A or B conversation. We drag it from A-Z, leaving no crumbs on the floor. We have our fun. We have our disagreements. We have our griveances and we have our bickering. But as long as @ToupsΒ and I are around, we’ll still have @Soap Opera Network.

Thanks! I’ve definitely mellowed out from my early 20s. I thought that to be taken seriously you had to be commanding. You had to be a virtual dictator. Anyone who is still around and worked with me, @ToupsΒ especially, knows how I used to be. I now know I stressed myself out for no reason as I didn’t need to be any of that while still being able to get things done. Sadly, some people have come and gone knowing me that way and we no longer talk but that’s okay. You learn to grow and you meet new people as you do. Ultimately, had I stayed that way I doubt SON would have outlived the lifespans of some long gone soaps (outlived Santa Barbara, Loving, The City, Generations, Ryan’s Hope, Β Port Charles, Passions, Sunset Beach, etc). We’re actually a long running soap in our own right, if you think about it. Hahaha.