B&B March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Speaking of Forresters and family, the lacking of additional Forrester family members beyond Ridge’s family for the current Ridge/Brooke situation is both outright glaring and appalling. No Kristen to give both motherly and sisterly advice? No Bridget to be completely stunned/floored by Brooke & Deacon’s night together while harboring old feelings for Deacon herself? No RJ to beg his parents to stay together? No Rick, Thorne, and Felicia to conspire together to throw push Ridge & Brooke out of Forrester because of all the drama, with Rick especially tearing Ridge a new one? No Eric III, Dino, and Logan Knight to start the next generation of Forresters? Yeesh. 

I enjoy Grace though; a recast Zoe could make this story more whole though. 

• Members

All of this, and it gulls me that the elephant in the room is that Steffy and Thomas are not even Forresters. When is this show going to use that to get them kicked out of the company?? Thorne can do that in a minute if they ever revisited how Ally really died, and This would be his ultimate payback for all the times Ridge caused him grief too. 

• Members

LMAO it’s so easy to forget. I think the last time the Marone connection was stated was a few years ago when I can’t remember if it was either Rick or Bill (I’m 75% sure it was Bill) who said it while mocking Ridge. One of Thudley’s first “big shocking plot twists” that was a total dud; Ridge, like Phillip on GL remains the favorite golden boy of the family. Maybe if Stephanie was revealed to be Nick’s mother instead of Ridge being Massimo’s son and Jackie being Nick’s wife instead of mother it might have worked out better? 

But on the flip side I’ve seen a few people here and other places suggest the upcoming  “big shocking plot twist” is that Ridge is Eric’s bio son after all.

Please register in order to view this content

And what became of Diana Marone anyways? 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

People speculate about a lot of things but none of them are "unheard of" in daytime.
Ridge being Eric's son - besides being pointless if Stephanie is not around to react to it and pointless because the fact he isn't hasn't mattered for story at all for more than a decade - would be well within the bounds of having been done tons of time, even on this very show.

The only speculation I saw that doesn't read as something as having been done before was

Please register in order to view this content

but I would be confused where this would be coming from and what they would achieve with it other than

So I don't believe that rumor either.
I'll admit though they got me curious. It'd better be something fun AND actually shocking if they want to live up to their own hype.

Yes. I understand why Bell thinks Bridget has run her course but her absence during the current story is a HUGE missed opportunity. Hoping the upcoming cameo gives us a chance of a conversation between Bridget and Hope.
B&B has flaws but it has a fun history it could do a lot to write good dramatic soap scenes with heart for if it tried. I am all for camp but give us some character-building bones from time to time!