B&B March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I mean... can't argue there.

But I would imagine the confrontation that is coming should set up JMW's maternity leave instead. A coma or something.
Another element that would make little sense would be to give Steffy a showcase by turning her into a grieving widow if she is going to be imminently written out for months.
But I mean... I can't argue with your logic and I have been very very wrong very often lol

• Members

It feels like it... I mean they hardly gave him much to do since he's been on screen. He didn't even bat an eyelash at Steffy when she cheated on him with Liam. And they hadn't given any family time with Jack and Li either. Brad does his usual bringing on acting vets and do nothing with them i.e., Ted King, 

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Sheila accidentally does something to Finn while she is coming after Steffy. And perhaps Steffy lands in coma to accommodate JMW's maternity leave. I just wish this show hadn't ignored Mary Warwick. I would've cast her instead of Paris' mother. And Sheila being obsessed with Brooke instead of Steffy still makes zero sense to me. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

Maybe the montages regarding Finn/Steffy were meant because Steffy is going away and not Finn. It could be a setup to how much Finn cares for her instead of her for him. (Yes, it's technically the same, but can be seen from either side). 

Isn't Finn rather well received after all the Steffy/Liam/Hope drama for years? If they drag out that triangle again, it will be unfortunate. I finally find Liam less obnoxious now and that's saying something. lol. 

Does Quinn still not know that Sheila is around??? 

• Members

Again, I hear why others are thinking this way but I feel the same as you do. It would make more sense this way since JMW is leaving soon for her barely-hidden pregnancy.

Please register in order to view this content

Also so much more drama would come out of Steffy being, say, in a coma because Sheila would be desperate for Finn not to find out she did something to his wife. 
Etc.

I don't think Finn will be around in five years but I'd be surprised if he is killed off so soon - heck I'd be surprised if they make Sheila do something so drastic as murder so soon since it closes off her return pretty quickly when it has been well-received so far and has a lot more potential in it.

Yes, it is true that B&B sometimes invests a lot in a story and then wraps it up incredibly quickly but I would be floored if they did that here.
But on the other hand maybe Bell was so excited about his new shining object in the "twist" that is also imminent that he was in a rush to wrap up the previous story. I don't know...

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

I guess the challenge will be once we get the twist, who will be the first to be able to source when the same idea was already been used in daytime.

As in, "She killed her own son?  Well, I remember when Sadie Sue did the same thing on Dark Promises in 1964."

• Members

Lmao, yes! I feel it’s happened before. I know it has on prime time as I’m currently watching the episodes where Richard accidentally caused his daughters death on Falcon Crest while trying to frame her husband for attempted murder. 

In general I wish and hope whatever the twist is that it truly reinvigorates the show. Shock twists only work if it’s steeped in character and creates long term complications, which Brad Bell has shown he can’t handle.