All: Characters you thought would come back but never did

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My memory is a little vague on this, but Livvie died off screen.  There was a whole storyline where Lucy was talking about ME's character being a vampire and vampires in Port Charles, and Sam looking like Livvie and Caleb came back and killed Alison and eventually died himself.  Alison's son Rafe was on the show and tested with Molly for awhile.  Long story short though, Livvie was retconned out of being Kevin's daughter and Kevin said all Lucy's talk about vampires was a delusion even though Caleb reappeared and was a vampire.  Idk, it didn't really make sense but the bottom line was that Livvie existed as Caleb's wife, but wasn't Kevin's daughter.

• Members

I am not sure why RC/FV thought it would be a good idea to take a major storyline from a failed soap onto the mother show.   PC was cancelled for a reason..  leave it alone.  I do think it was an attempt to tie up lose ends for those characters because it is the same universe, but it ended up with half the characters killed off and was just strange and I don't think anyone liked the story.

• Members

Hope Bauer.. a big mystery why they never brought her back with Alan on screen and a need for a Bauer matriarch. I really can't believe they never went there with recasting with whatsherface that Deas was paired with on SB and have a triangle of Buzz/Hope/Alan..not that I wanted to see that at all but since they seemed to have a hard on as Buzz actually being a capable foil to Alan. I know they aged AM so much that it would have been difficult to recast but Deas isn't that much older the the guy playing Frank , Ann Sward on ATWT was I think only 5 years older then Margaret Colin who played her daughter.

• Members

Guiding Light

Inidia and Alan-Michael. India never came back after the ex wives club sadly. Saddened such a complex character as A-M never returned, nor did his grandfather Mike Bauer. 

Rita Stapleton, especially that it may have been implied she was pregnant when she left town. 

Selena

Claire Ramsey

Harley Cooper and Ross Marler

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I don't believe Mamie returned when John Abbott died either - a big missed opportunity to have the rightful Mrs. Abbott (Mamie) plot to take down the new Mrs. Abbott (Gloria) with the help of her nemesis, the former Mrs. Abbott (Jill).

Dru's death, Olivia and Malcolm's exit, Neil's death. Several Abbott family weddings. That is one character that could have had multiple return opportunities, but for whatever reason, did not, to the absolute detriment of the show.