All: Characters you thought would come back but never did

• Members

In contrast to the topic about characters staying on shows beyond expectations, were there certain characters we fully thought they would one day return either the original actor returning or a recast yet they still have yet to return?

I know the biggest example that comes to mind for myself is Dru on Y&R. Fifteen years later, she is still MIA after falling off the cliff. 

Same with Macy on B&B yet no dice.

Also I had figured Andy on ATWT would resurface in town at some point but that ended up being a definite no. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I always thought Cole would one day resurface on Y&R. It's been over twenty years, but he does still have ties to the canvas through Victoria and Ashley.

Peter on Days, though I understand that there's behind the scenes issues there.

• Members

I only watch B&B and Macy was the first character that came to mind too. When the show tried to reintroduce the Spectras in 2017, it made no sense for her not to be a part of that (especially since establishing the new Spectra characters proved problematic due to lack of connections to the show's history and other characters). 

• Members

Stefan Cassadine on General Hospital. I get that because of some Behind the Scenes dispute that the actor Nichols will never return but i really thought he would.

Lucky on General Hospital.. I mean a whole decade without Lucky? Come one guys.. It's not like Valentini gives a damn about continuity and tradition and stuff.. He loves to do revisit old storys and stuff and never recasted Lucky? Really?

Mike Horton on Days of our Lives! Carlivati is another one that loves to bring back as many people as he can but Mike Horton never crossed his mind? OK.. Surprising.

Who i thought should've been brought back were Marie or Sandy Horton on Days of Our Lives.

Dru Winters on Y&R.. I get that this was another Behind the Scenes case why that never happened but this should've happened at some point. This was 2007 and Joshua Morrow had some contract dispute himself and was presumed dead for like 3 months. Could u imagine if he wouldn't have returned? That would have been 2 big losses in one year for that show.

• Members

#1 Brenda on GH.  It's been like a decade.  WTH is the wait?

Non fan girl picks-

Lots of Days kids disappear

Andrew Donovan as an adult on Days

Stephanie on Days

Chelsea on Days

Melissa on Days-she'd fill the Horton void Hope/Jen have left open

Dougie on Days-like legit Doug has a kid out there that is never mentioned lol

I agree with Peter as well

Lois on GH-I am surprised she hasn't been recast

Not a daytime soap, but I was always upset they never brought Alison back on Melrose Place.  Her and Billy should have had a happy ending and the only update we got on Alison is that she was a drunk again in Atlanta.  She was the main heroine of the show for several years.  WTF?

• Members

Macy Alexander - did she die the second time around after being hit by that damn Chandelier? 

Marie Horton - Loved her! didn't come back for more then a decade since Alice Horton funeral. Ridiculous. 

Kimberly Brady - return briefly during 2010 and then.. poof, disappeared. 

Dru winters of course. the poor thing fell of a rock and we to this date do not know if she's alive or not 

Lisa - brad's wife that locked him a cage for weeks or months, was she ever caught?