All: Characters you thought would come back but never did

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

At this point I don’t know how they’d do it. Recast or with JJ it would be a hard sell, because he’s abandoned his kids for so long (even if you only consider Aiden his child and ignore the fact that he raised Cam for years) and the show never mentions him being a presence in their life. Aiden visited him once for Christmas years ago. I guess that would but the storyline, why he abandoned them so long and didn’t even show up when his sister went into a vegetative state or when Franco died.  People around here have heard JJ is open to it, but since Nashville ended he moved his whole family to Ireland so I’m not so sure about that. 

• Members

Also, to be fair there isn't much reason for Kim to be on.  There's no Andrew and Theresa and Eve aren't onscreen.  She is still, as far as we know, with Shane who isn't a fixture on the show.   The most she could do is something with Tate and hang out with Kayla, Roman, John, and Marlena.   I actually prefer Kim to Kayla, but I really don't see a point of bringing her back with all the characters we already have in her age range.   I do think she is someone who could pop in and out though.

• Members

Worst written death ever (or whatever it was supposed to be, I'm still not sure). It was like the writers just woke up one day, realized the actress was no longer available, and threw in a line of dialogue saying "oh, by the way, too bad this character died off screen".

You know you have failed as a writer when the viewers' reaction to a major character's death is "wait, when did that happen, there's got to be an episode missing". No emotional payoff whatsoever, just total confusion. 

• Members

I haven't watched the soaps in a very long time (save for the vintage DS and TD) so I'm not 100% sure on this but the character of Victor Collins (as played by Nicholas Pryor) was so endearing on PC, it was too bad that relationship with his son, Kevin, didn't get carried over to GH.

BTW, speaking of Kevin Collins, has his daughter Livvie (who was a character on Port Charles) been eradicated from existence since he's back on GH? Or did they ever refer to her or recast her? I get the feeling a lot of stuff from PC was wiped off the board, so to speak, when it came to integrating or reintegrating actors/characters to GH.

Edited by applcin

• Members

As I understand it (correct me of I'm wrong) GH let Greg Vaugn go so JJ could return? As much as I enjoyed the entirety Lucky and Liz from the late 90s, in JJ's second run the writers trashed the charachter and the couple to me. Moreover, JJ only stayed on for two years.

I'm surprised Y&R never brought back Olivia, Mary Jo, or Keemo.

Since GH is making more of an effort to add black charachters to the canvas I'm surprised Keesha isn't being brought back. At least they connected Trina to Taggert, I thought she was going to be rated to the Wards or Claudia from the 80s.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

I hated the second return of JJ as well and since he ran as soon as he could, I can’t imagine he’s open to coming back. But who knows. 

I think GH should expand Trina’s family, bring back Gia and a cousin for Trina. But that’s a bit beyond the scope of this topic. 

• Members

So much JJ crying.  His career has been decent but you have to think he'd be willing to comeback.   He's still young and has a family to support as it doesn't seem like his wife still acts.

I would love a Gia comeback.  Does Marisa Ramirez still act?  I just loved her.

Lol! just googled her and realized she a series regular on Blue Bloods.  Probably not coming back  I haven't watched CBS since Shemar Moore was on Criminal Minds haha

Edited by carolineg