Days of Our Lives: September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

They really have him doing scenes like this I did laugh at EJ asking Gwen, "Who the hell are you?" "I'm Gwe-" "I don't care."

This set is ugly as hell.

Lord, this Calista nonsense. I'm already tired of hearing about Buddy Bucks. I did laugh when she wanted Steve to go upstairs with her and he was just like, "...what."

This episode was boring. Watch Beyond Salem instead.

• Members

I have always wondered, if I were an aging actor, if I'd prefer working until my last day, at the risk of making my character death sudden and done in a week, or if I would want to work with the show to set up a great storyline for my final exit, giving the time to get closure on storylines and past relationships and enough preparation for a rally spectacular exit and set up great stuff for the aftermath.
I am leaning on the latter tbh but I hear both cases.

• Members

I lean the latter too, like Susan Flannery. Because what usually happens is the actor becomes too ill or frail to appear for months and months, if not more, and passes away suddenly. Their character is no longer a factor by that point. I’d prefer to get my flowers while I’m here to enjoy them and get a nice, dramatic planned send-off and retirement party.  I get that for a lot of older actors, it’s about continuing to get benefits, staying active, having a support group, keeping habits built over decades, loving the craft, etc., and you never know when you’re gonna suddenly decline and not be fit to work. Plus it might make the performer aware of their mortality in an uncomfortable way. Up to the individual. 

Edited by Faulkner