Days of Our Lives: September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Frankly, at this point, I think they'd play anything and be happy about it.

Oh God. Hush your mouth on Ben! LMAO!!!!

I agree. I'd want John to rescue me. 

I wouldn't mind Steve but he seems to go missing for weeks at a time ...  

omg! lol. yes you should 

I usually log on without coffee and that never goes well

• Members

That's fair.  He has shown skills by getting away with multiple murders lol.  The ISA is shady so they would probably just welcome him aboard.  He's so much like Bo, you know.

Yeah I believe John and Steve could still rescue people.  I would 100% want him in Beyond Salem over Justin/Bonnie's wedding, but Marlena needs a reason to be there.

• Members

It's kinda sad when you think about it that Kayla and Steve don't even fit into Beyond Salem. Beyond Salem does make me miss Bope and that we're stuck with the bootleg version.

Have we all forgot about Sexy Retcon Paul? Would have been nice to see him included instead of Peter Porte, who I'm guessing is a double crossing agent.

I loved Paul/Will working together for that brief hot minute we had them as a couple. Though now I figure I'll be shipping Wilson again. I could have seen Paul and Will the new John/Marlena so to speak. lol. 

• Members

OMG!  Paul as an ISA agent is brilliant.  Is he still paralyzed?   Loved Paul with Will.  Loved Paul in general.  Will/Paul on spy missions would be amazing.

Yeah, it's kinda sad Steve/Kayla got sidelined for the spinoff, but I think it was either them or Jarlena and I think Jarlena are just more of the face of Days. 

• Members

Jarlena definitely are the face. I think because it's a caper that ties them all together - I'm assuming - it makes sense who's included and who might not be. You also have to go with 'stars' who can be marketable faces to the mainstream. It makes sense who they picked. I'd rather see Tony and Anna, than say Steve and Kayla forced into it.

I love Paul too. I always felt we got shafted of a real triangle. I know Christopher Sean is keeping busy but I'd love to see him back. Or, if need be, find a capable recast. I think the show can do it. But we can't even get a drag queen in a promo on NBC so ...

Paul as an ISA agent kinda writes itself, doesn't it? I have to admit I can't remember if he walked before he left or not. LOL. My memory can be crap, especially on periods I start to tune out.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

It makes sense for Tony/Anna especially with Carrie/Austin involved.  I guess there are only so many people you can show, but I don't think Steve/Kayla being with Jarlena in Switzerland would be shoehorned in.  I am happy with what we got as far as casting on this so I won't complain.

Paul was paralyzed I believe when he left, but he has shown signs of improvement I think according to John who mentions him from time to time.   I would be all for a recast Paul, but Christopher Sean was so perfect.  He really had similar mannerisms to Drake and is exactly what I would imagine a John/retconTori child would look like if that makes sense lol.  He has so much charisma in a role that should have been a flop.