Y&R September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It helps that Stafford and Bergman are good together.

Adam doesn’t need THREE women craving his crotch—Sally, Chelsea, Sharon. Meanwhile Nick is going around looking forlorn at Phyllis. It makes no sense. (I know Chadam seem to be on the outs, but still.)

Sally and Chloe could be decent friends, but I wish Sally had a real bestie. Like Theo could have been.

I’m glad Camryn Grimes finally has a story that allows her to act, I guess. 

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

The current writers wouldn't be able to pull it off. Also the elements of Jack's character that we knew in the 1980s (playboy on the surface but was really a lost little boy with abandonment issues from his mother leaving the family that was always looking for his father's love and approval but messing up while doing so) were pretty much lost from the 1990s to now.

• Members

No thanks. Not in this lifetime.

— Shouldn’t someone get Mariah’s ass to therapy STAT? If she can’t even stop calling that baby Bowie, she’s over the edge.

— They’re worried about dangerous Stitch? Is that why Abby went to the park with the baby BY HERSELF?

— I’m ok with marital trouble between Nick and Phyllis, but this ain’t it. The way these two are talking to each other doesn’t make sense. There’s nothing organic about it. 

• Members

Haha let’s not even start with B&B lol.

The really tragic thing about Y&R is all it would take is one semi-decent writer to at make the show worthwhile. I know AW, GL, ATWT had it rough there final years as they imploded and inspired indignation, but what’s happening at Y&R at the moment feels far worse tbh. 

• Members

And I would hope that more generally we would have learned not to root for the end of ANY soap.
All soaps we have lost have been a tragedy, even when they were not in a good place creatively.
We have four left; when things are going array, we should be rooting for them to get better and use their potential to the full, not cheer on the potential death of a genre that, I would assume since we are on this forum, we care about and love.