Y&R September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Such a waste . And like Tara, he just got dropped without any follow through.

I am getting distracted by Eric Braeden obviously reading his lines via cue cards etc. When he was talking to Nick at Society he was doing his usual non eye contact thing and odd phrasing. When Victor left the table you could see writing on the menu that was placed on the table and I'm pretty sure it wasn't 'today' s specials'.

If he can no longer remember his lines he should have the dignity to bow out, or take a more limited role.

It must be frustrating for the other actors.

Also, last week,Sally,Adam and Chloe had an encounter at the deserted Crimson Lights.Then later in the episode,Adam was in his office and I'm wondering why the scene wouldn't have been staged there? Were those CL scenes taped at a different time and all 3 actors not on set for an office scene? Puzzling.

I was watching some 2017 episodes and the difference is obvious. Larger sets, more of them and extras...

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

I haven't wanted to be insensitive so I haven't brought it up but since we were talking on another threads about whether, as an older actor, I would prefer to work until the bitter end, at the risk of my character death story being rushed and abrupt and not having the same impact (see: Katherine who had a nice funeral and then... nothing) or whether I'd want to go out on my own terms to leave the show the time to put together a really good exit story that provides closure, a final great performance, a good homage to the character and set up things so that the aftermath reverbates for years.

Let me say I had Victor in mind. EB is 80yo. I wish him many decades more of life but let's be honest. The time is approaching. 
Victor will leave a huge hole on the canvas and I think it is misguided and unfair on the show to resist planning for his exit. There are years of potentially great drama surrounding his inheritance and the battle between his children if it is properly set up.
But having him just not wake up one day isn't the spectacular exit a character like Victor deserves. Imagine  a story of Victor having to deal with not feeling as strong anymore - how a man with such an attachment to his self-image as a strong man would cope with that - and then a story of Victor, feeling life slip away, revisiting his past loves (cameos!), his choices, having a Brooke-and-Stephanie-style conversation with Jack, etc That would be amazing TV potentially and ratings blockbuster.
And the right thing to do for the fans and the show even if it is sad.

So I doubt he will but I'd like him to start thinking about his legacy and the show even if it must be sad to have to leave a show that has been such a part of your life for decades.

• Members

I never imagined Y&R would be the worst looking soap. Where is the budget going exactly? Because it's not being pumped into production. The contrast between Y&R and GH is stark. GH has huge, new sets. Y&R looks so cramped and sad in comparison.

• Members

Speculation only but looking at the cast, Y&R is the show that still have the most "headliners" from decades ago - and consistent headliners, not people they fired and brought back (aka people they showed were not necessary and therefore can afford to pay less)
I bet their actors' budget is inflated in that way.

• Members

There’s been rumblings for a while that Sharon is going to devolve and go back to crazy town, this kind of indicates it as such. 

I had joked recently about how Ron Carlivanti would write Y&R, pretty sure Ashland would be discovered to be either Prentiss Brooks or Eric Garrison with the old women being Dina lol. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

In a way Sharon been back in crazy town for a while. Not batshit, kleptomaniac, bipolar baby stealing/swapping unhinged deer in the headlights psycho Sharon was from 2009-2016 and again briefly in 2018 but she is definitely unmoored at the moment….her continued friendship and obsession with Adam all the while absurdly being his therapist, her volatile marriage to Rey, ignorance of Faith etc. I hate it all it’s pretty icky.