Y&R September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yep. I know Sharon’s character is permanently trashed and long damaged but it’s still pretty damning that she would still pine for Adam despite all she would lose in the process. 

BTW what’s up with the Tiny CBS eye btw?

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Griffith has gone out of his way to unravel all the work SS put into redeeming Sharon. She was confident, strong and had the ability to help other characters. Now she can't even keep her hair groomed (The static in the air has the back of her head everywhere.)  TPTB need to do something. I don't even watch Days anymore and Y&R is the fourth place show IMO. From the sets to the awful, awkward distancing (which I don't see on GH-- even in scenes with Dingo) the whole visual of the show is just so subpar.

Y&R always had stunning sets, proper lighting, extras at the coffeehouse, offices instead of tables at Phallus's Grand Penis and Abby's restaurant. Quite frankly, pretty soon Victoria's house will look like one of those "tiny houses" from ?HGTV?.

Hopefully the character of Sharon leaves Adam's orbit. Sally and Adam have just enough "spark" to shelve the necessity Griffith feels for the two.

• Members

The most unfortunate thing is both the Ashland & Victoria and Adam & Sally are pairings have spark so of course TIIC think both have to be decimated. 

Chelsea can stay gone lol. MCE just doesn’t work at all as the weepy tragic heroine. It’s pathetic of what a caricature Chelsea is. 

• Members

All of this! Sharon’s become pathetic, the show looks like crap, and is also written like crap. Just crappy all around. 

She should have left with Hartley’s Adam and both characters lived happily ever after traveling the world or something like that. But Pratt always liked a good explosion and for God knows what reason but Pratt, Sussman, and Young all thought coma inducing  “Chick” was the next biggest thing. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

I think any pairing with her and Nick was always a placeholder for both parties. I don't think most regimes are invested in it or were, but I do think Griffith and several others are loath to relinquish the ABC stars and the dream of the mediocre clone of ABCD which they want the show to be dating back almost a decade now.

• Members

I miss extras

I miss the Chancellor Mansion looking like a mansion.

I miss Jabot offices and people in the hall-- and employees actually discussing business.

I want to see Jack in a relationship with someone that isn't a caricature. Lauren or Nina come to mind off the top of my head.  The closeness between Jack and Lauren would be great to explore.

One day was not long enough to have Traci around. Get this woman a scene partner and a foster child to adopt. Go**ammit after all the character has endured over the years, it's about time she got a decent leading man. It could be a c-story, but she deserves a child to care for after they killed Colleen instead of just writing off Sursok.

Stop dilly dallying and cast Chance. The whole "Pregnancy" has been a clusterfuck and everyone knows it.

Chelsea is another of Griffith's brain trust ideas to bring 2013 back. No one was clamoring for her return either.

Ashland is the first story Heinle has had in all these years that I could get behind. An equal, not a child playing reporter--how refreshing.  I like that Nate and Elena are being mixed into their story as well.

• Members

What's that word kids use nowadays? D**kmatized?

I personally don't mind Jack still deep down pining for Phyllis. It makes sense. Now, if he was a real person and a friend of mine I'd tell him to run away from this toxic person and relationship, partially because of what you said, but in the world of soaps much worse has been forgiven and forgotten.
There would be no way for me to pine for someone who cheated on me with Nick twice abd slept with my brother but hey Genoa City is a weird reality.

What would actually make this work for me more - both the weird flirtation with Sally and this declaration - was if they actually wrote a real deep storyline about Jack's loneliness. He is in his, hum, 60s. Forever a bachelor. His family is all over the world. Etc. It would be interesting to see a man who spent so much of his life chasing after a lot of things - pleasure in his youth, his father role model later on - reckon with the fact he hasn't really achieved much and is afraid to die on his own.
You know, psychological drama with characters layers.

As if they would.