Y&R September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thought - maybe Ashland's parents were involved in something criminal or in witness protection so that is why his past has been so carefully covered.

glad to see Imani back, but that girl needs to be causing some angst pretty soon..

My latest gripe is the men's wardrobe. Ashland and Jack scrub up well in nice suit and tie combos but everyone else  in solid dark cheap looking shirts Rey,Devon especially.

Like her or hate her,i think there was some life left in the Tara character. I would have it revealed that Kyle wasn't the father and even Tara would be shocked. Jack could throw  party on how much he loved that little guy and Kyle could hot foot it to Italy unencumbered by a kid.

Ashland could provide for Harrison and Billy could be questioning her about his past. She could just be used when needed.

What was the point of

Gloria getting the JVC job?

Traci writing the book about Dina?

Nina getting work at Chance.com?

Oh, and clever of Ashland to meet his blackmailer  in public.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Who will uncover the shocking truth about Ashland's past?

Will it be Victor Newman who has the wealth and power to hire the best investigators on the planet?

Or Billy Abbott, journalist extraordinaire who has the vast resources of Chance.Com, at his disposal?

No, it seems professional busybody Phyllis Summers will the one to do it with the aid of her trusty laptop!!

A few frenzied talons typing away and all will be revealed...

• Members

Had a feeling this might be a controversial statement, lol. I just cannot buy Jason Thompson as Billy. In his early work as GH's Patrick he was a suave player with charisma. Now he's all sad and serious (similar to current PTSD Dante before his much needed haircut). Miller, negatives aside, to had more life in his portrayal, IMO.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

LMAO   Rabid soap fans did all the heavy lifting and gave Billy Miller leverage he would not have otherwise had.  He can also thank Amelia Heinle because it's easier getting into Fort Knox than finding a chem match for her. 

When I think of the great Daytime actors, Miller is right there in the vicinity of Maurice Benard and just above Michael Easton.  

• Members

I'm not sure as viewers how we are supposed to take Billy. Are we supposed to be Team Billy as he fights to uncover the truth about the evil Ashland or see him as saddo who can't accept his ex moving on?

JT's portrayal is so smug and self righteous, especially when he starts talking about journalism as though he's been involved in the field for years with a couple of Pulitzers behind him.

Lily comes across as pathetic even when she is spouting lines designed to make us believe she has some agency in the relationship and the business.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

That's my problem with JT as Billy: his performance is utterly joyless.
He can act, that's not the problem. And Billy has gone through so many versions by now that I can accept his "not being the same character".
But every time he is on screen there is no spark, no energy, no joy of acting. It is not nearly at the level of cashing a paycheck but there is definitely a sense of not finding inspiration at all in the scripts and the character. And it is really not good if I can tell from the other side of the screen.
Can I blame him entirely? Well, no. Billy has been written awfully. But the reason I would probably favor BM a bit over JT is that at least BM had energy, a sense of giving it his all even when we later found out he hated the material.
In both cases, Billy was often poorly written and overexposed and unsympathetic.
But JT, for reasons I can't put my finger on, is just depressing to watch and hard to figure out what he is doing, if anything. Does anyone have a sense of who he thinks Billy is as a person, beyond whoever he is sleeping with at a given time?
I didn't always like what BM was doing and I understand why people might find his acting style annoying but at least I was watching someone act his a** out and really that should be the minimum I expect of him.