DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem Discussion Thread

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Having the two different openings was nice. The original one to start and the miniseries one.

For me the episode flew by. It could've been better with improved writing (I don't see that happening). The nonsense with Paulina famous friends was a bit much and not needed. The concept of Killer Ben and Austin buying estate jewelry is ridiculous. Come on now.

Please register in order to view this content

I hated everything Killer Ben and Ciara... they continue to prop his sorry ass even in the spinoff. I'm not here for that. At least Billie was horrified that she married a serial killer and told him to stay from her family. Why was Ciara explaining Will's love life to Billie? Billie was there during the whole Will/Paul/Sonny triangle.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

LOL yep. There's no need for cheating anymore. Sonny is hot now, out of those ill-fitting suits, and no longer has slicked-back hair. Hallelujah!

I liked Deidre's voice over at the very beginning. The actual opening sequence was LOL. I skipped right through Ben and Ciara as usual, at least until Lipsa Rinna showed up. Why is Ciara parading around in lingerie?

Billie: The necktie killer who strangled my nephew Will?

Ciara: It's okay, they're best friends now.

F*CK I hate Ciara and Ben. This is why I don't watch their scenes.

Paulina is glad Rosie O'Donnell moved away. LMAO. And she's friends with Michele Obama. I love it. Lani and Eli are a very attractive couple.

Christie Clark looks amazing. I'm so glad that Tony and Anna are part of this.

Chad/Will/Sonny was the highlight for me, which is funny because I haven't had any use for Will and Sonny on the main show in ages. Enjoying the new and improved Sonny. Let's get them back in Salem. LEO!!!!

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

OMG Yes!  I forgot to mention that... Why in the hell was Ciara running around in New Orleans in red underwear?

Patience my friend... That's why I posted this after the end of my thoughts

• Members

I feel like VK always dresses like that, but it was distractingly skimpy. 

I liked it all.  It wasn't amazing, but no one bothered me even Ciara/Ben.  

The idea Ben/Austin could buy priceless diamonds is funny, but whatever lol.

Jarlena were wearing the same outfits they were wearing early last week and not the ones they were wearing on Thursday's episode, so that was a continuity error.  And could Days buy Deidre that Blue lace dress in another color at least?  She wears that all the time.

I wonder if this will explain Hope's disappearance better.  I doubt KA will come back though for this.  I would assume they would have promoted that because I don't think she's a bigger get than Eileen or Lisa in terms of promotion.

• Members

Haven't watch yet.

Sounds like the writing could have been slightly better?

So many who saw it were saying it was "game changing" ... I don't see it from the comments here. How? game changing as in a soap is being promoted by the network and airing a mini-series on it's streaming platform? Nothing about the show itself feels game changing so far. So that has confused me. Hype I guess. 

• Members

It was nice seeing Carrie.

The sets were improved but of course Will and Sonny get shafted with the ugliest apartment. What gay married couple live in such a hideous place? Come on Ron Carlivati!!

What a breath of fresh air. New improved Sonny is hot and can act! No more awful cringeworthy faces and screaming coming from Sonny. The opening scene (the hug) with Chad was oozing with sexual tension! Damn Chad and Sonny had smoking chemistry. Will had very little time today. 

I was liking the concept of Will cheating on Sonny. He should've been cheating on old fat righteous Sonny on the mother show. I was hoping for a hot guy to be in the room. I had forgotten about Leo....ugh!...

Chandler looked hot as usual. Sonny, Will and Chad could have their own spinoff on Peacock. There is no way Chad hasn't had a taste of Sonny's pie or some other hot guy.

• Members

It was really just like a normal episode to me, just slightly more exciting because we had some faces that we don't see on the normal show like Carrie and Austin. And it didn't take place in Salem. No Horton Town Square! 

It was fine and I'm looking forward to the rest, but hardly "game changing."

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

I agree. If we could have nice things, Chad would have been all over Sonny and Will. He'd be bisexual no question. And Billy Flynn plays it that way LOL.

So excited to see Zach as Sonny and Christie Clark as Carrie.

That's what it sounds like to me. I'm cool with that, I guess, since this is probably the DAYS I'd rather watch anyway LOL