DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem Discussion Thread

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I did notice too but I figured that since it is a recast, there is zero marketing value in putting him on the poster since no one would recognize him, even long-time fans.
That's how I interpret it at least.
Austin and Carrie aren't on there either so it is not like it is meant to show the entire cast.

• Members

Drake looks really strange in that picture lol.  

I personally would have switched out Ciara and Ben with John/Marlena and had Eileen and Lisa on either side of them.  With Jackee more prominent.

Ciara/Ben may be the be all and end all to Days on the mother show these currently, but if you were looking for relapsed or new viewers you would think you would choose recognizable faces.  Maybe they are trying to lure in young viewers or something?  But I doubt that will be the audience of this spinoff.

• Webmaster

The episode on Thursday, September 2 was exposition for "Beyond Salem," plus promotion for the show's launch on Peacock. Oddly, it would have been better to air on Friday, but I believe they felt that with it being a holiday weekend people would have not watched it. Either way, NBC/Peacock is bullish on this show being a success, and per my interview with Charles Shaughnessy, who'd be open to returning for more if they did that, this could be the launch pad for more DAYS content and/or more soap operas. Unlike Hulu and Paramount+, Peacock is probably the best app for gauging the success of its original programming and the desire to continue to grow due to not a lot of content, heck they canceled their "Punky Brewster" revival due to bad numbers. CBS doesn't seem interested in investing in their soaps on Paramount+ since that'd cost money and for now they only care about kids programming, and GH is pretty much an after thought to Hulu since Hulu only cares about its originals and any primetime show they want to hold onto via contracts.

• Members

I mean it's 40 min late now.  I just happened to be up and wanted to see if it dropped, but a lot of people were going to live tweet.

I have peacock premium for their figure skating coverage and I have tons of problems with that, so I am not surprised their are issues.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

All five episodes of Beyond Salem will drop in Australia on Friday Sept 10 Australia time,on BINGE and Foxtel On Demand

https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2021/09/06/limited-series-days-of-our-lives-beyond-salem-drops-on-binge/

How to do a 2-week free trial on BINGEhttps://help.binge.com.au/s/article/How-do-I-start-a-free-trial-on-Binge

How to watch Foxtel On Demand
https://goto.binge.com.au/c/1413961/877414/11099

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I think they said 6 am on twitter now.  Not sure if that's accurate.  You would just think they would have released it on time. 

I really don't like the Peacock site.  It's always so slow and it's the only way to watch certain sports so it's annoying if you pay.  Since Beyond Days is free I guess it's slightly less annoying. 

• Members

I don't have it (yet) but Peacock can't be worse than the HBO Max app.

I will try it out for Days to support the future of the genre, and for Saved by the Bell - when/if Days goes up.

Kids' programming and Star Trek. Trek is back in a big way over there.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I have had Peacock since it started and I don't mind the app. I know some have complained about it, but it seems pretty easy to me and I like how easy it is to find stuff. They break things up into so many categories and constantly add to it so you can find new stuff. I just found a new TV Movie section which I'm excited about. 

As for other soaps and streaming, I do agree with you. Peacock is still new and looking for something that works for them so if this does well I could see them continuing to develop Days spin-offs, perhaps a true spin-off and not limited series and I can also see them digging into classic episodes. When they added the housewives that also went well for them and they started adding more Housewives related content very quickly. I hope the same happens for Days.

Now the most obvious show that needs a spin-off IMO is B&B. Brad owns the show and he has already made Forrester International a thing without even trying. While that would be the most obvious spin-off, it just shocks me he hasn't attempted anything since he has such a hold on that show. As popular as it is overseas a limited series spin-off would likely do very well for him.