Peacock Orders DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Considering the fact that perennial fu*ck ups like JG get multiple chances to screw up soaps, why should Giddens get any less of an opportunity, lol? 

That's not love, not from me, it's not. It's just the current reality of the situation. Very few writers actually want to write for these soaps these days. At least it's somebody who hasn't been on the soap merry go round for decades and ruining shows.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by DramatistDreamer
Ffs auto correct, now's not the time!

• Members

He'll be a breakdown writer so I'm not too concerned. 

I disagreed with his viewpoints, as did several on here. I won't forget. However, I'm still happy for him and his success. He loves the genre and DAYS needs diversity in the writers room.

I wasn't a fan of Ambitions but the man got the show on the air. Kudos to him. I think it had potential though. Casting didn't help. I think it was a bit 'trying to hard'. 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

And for what it is worth the trailer leaned pretty heavily on Will/Sonny and the gay stuff.
Add to that the Jackie Cox role and they clearly think there is a LGBTQ+ fanbase worth attracting here.
Which isn't wrong and I would say bode well enough for their return in the not-too-long term if the Sonny recast is well-received.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

I’m surprised by the format… I guess I was thinking really simplistically and thought Billie would be going one place an episode, so Mon. would be like Shane, Marlena, John, Carrie, Austin, Anna, and Tony in Zurich, Tues. would be Chad, Will, Sonny, and Leo in Phoenix, Wed. would be Ben & Ciara in NOLA, etc.

I am SOOO looking forward to this!!!