Jump to content

Peacock Orders DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem


Recommended Posts

  • Members

I do think it's a bit tacky to do the webseries concurrently with Haiduk on the mothership, but I also think having Eileen back in the role is not something they should've hesitated on no matter what, and I'm glad they didn't.

Given what Eileen says in that lovely new interview, the only thing keeping her from playing Kristen more often is the heavy time commitment. I think Stacy Haiduk is a gifted actress who's done her best in an impossible job, but they need to give Eileen whatever kind of recurring schedule she requires to return to the role permanently.

Edited by Vee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members
4 hours ago, janea4old said:


Thursday 2nd September, Deidre did a special 22-minute interview on Dishin Days about Beyond Salem.  Wonderful.  Lots in it.  Too much to summarize. Worth watching.

She comments about the drag scenes.  They said the guys were great and had a sense of humor and she wanted to be one of them.  She also says the the whole 5-episode series is a "caper" and they (someone, or a few someones?) go in drag as part of the caper.  I think?

Not sure what she meant. I think there is an actual drag show but maybe regular characters also masquerade in drag regarding the search for the Alamainian peacock jewels storyline?  I dunno.  I may have misunderstood. Watch the vid.

Re: Beyond Salem in general ... She talks about it being wonderful to be reunited with Christie Clark and Charles Shaughnessy for this.

This is the interview @AbcNbc247 was referring to and had up! Ill have to check this out today or this weekend before the premiere.

2 hours ago, wingwalker said:

If characters might be dressing up in drag, then that could be what the "Chad, WIll, Sonny step out of their comfort zone" spoiler is about, rather than the foursome that entered my dirty mind.  

Yes it looks like it!

45 minutes ago, Errol said:

First Look Photos: Noah Huntley And Charles Shaughnessy In ‘Days Of Our Lives: Beyond Salem’ – EXCLUSIVE

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2021/09/first-look-photos-noah-huntley-charles-shaughnessy-days-of-our-lives-beyond-salem-exclusive

 

Tons more to come today and this weekend!

More to come I wonder what it could be or in what form?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Looks like they had a good time!

Days of our Lives: Beyond Salem has such a “classic ’80s” feel to it. Zach, how did you being cast as Sonny (previously played by Freddie Smith) come about?
Zach Tinker: Initially, I had no idea that I was reading for Beyond Salem. I was told it was for a five-episode guest-starring role [on DAYS] playing opposite Sonny Kiriakis – his love interest or someone. When I booked it, [the show] told me what the real deal was.
Chandler Massey: (Wryly) You thought you were playing opposite yourself.
Tinker: (Laughs) Yes. Very “meta.”

 

How did you get up on Sonny’s backstory? His relationships, past major events in his life, etc.?
Tinker: 
The DAYS Wiki page was very helpful. That was my “go-to” when I booked the role. I went off the scripts that they gave me to establish Sonny’s relationship with Will.
Massey: (Wryly) He’s being nice. I tied [Zach] to a chair and described all 850 episodes [featuring Sonny and Will].

Tinker would be up for a long term as Sonny and Chandler would return as well

We’ve seen characters who’ve appeared in other DAYS digital series – Chad & Abby in Paris and Last Blast Reunion – move back to the mother show. Would both of you be up for that if the show extends an invitation?
Tinker:
 I would. Totally. I had a blast. This is my first stint [with DAYS]. I don’t know what the norm was for Will and Sonny. While I can’t say much about what’s going to happen [on Beyond Salem], I can tell you we get into some interesting and fun stuff. We did some wild stuff that I’m very excited for people to see. If it’s the kind of stuff we’d be doing on DAYS, I’d love to come back!
Massey: I feel the same way. I’d love to come back to DAYS – as you say, it’s the “mother” show.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
9 minutes ago, AbcNbc247 said:

They'll be back by early 2022 

Given that Days filmed Christmas the week after Beyond Salem filmed, I feel we may see Will & Sonny at Christmas for at least a visit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
7 hours ago, dragonflies said:

From what I gathered from her interview doesn't sound like she wants to be back in any long term capacity at all.

That to me is what bugs me, if she can't commit at all, then quit letting her come and go. 

 

I get where you're coming from.

 

Frankly, Kristen shouldn't be a regular character because they can't sustain her as one. Stacy's Kristen became very watered down until they needed to write her out so out came the crazy.

 

I agree with Vee they need to work with Eileen on this. She does seem willing. If they can work it out with Alison Sweeney they can work it out with Eileen. It's not like Y&R is interested. Even though she always has preferred it there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
9 hours ago, Vee said:

I do think it's a bit tacky to do the webseries concurrently with Haiduk on the mothership, but I also think having Eileen back in the role is not something they should've hesitated on no matter what, and I'm glad they didn't.

Given what Eileen says in that lovely new interview, the only thing keeping her from playing Kristen more often is the heavy time commitment. I think Stacy Haiduk is a gifted actress who's done her best in an impossible job, but they need to give Eileen whatever kind of recurring schedule she requires to return to the role permanently.

i agree with this 100% - I think Stacy's great, an even think they could do a "fake Kristen" sl like the fake Roman/father John sl from back in the day, just as a callback and to get rid of all the baggage for Eileen, but I do think DAYs needs Elieen's Kristen back. Eileen's Kristen vs. Sami would be epic soap shiz, which is what DAYS/Soaps needs right now. Production should move heaven and earth to make Eileen's Kristen happen on the main show permanently. 

4 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

Looks like they had a good time!

Days of our Lives: Beyond Salem has such a “classic ’80s” feel to it. Zach, how did you being cast as Sonny (previously played by Freddie Smith) come about?
Zach Tinker: Initially, I had no idea that I was reading for Beyond Salem. I was told it was for a five-episode guest-starring role [on DAYS] playing opposite Sonny Kiriakis – his love interest or someone. When I booked it, [the show] told me what the real deal was.
Chandler Massey: (Wryly) You thought you were playing opposite yourself.
Tinker: (Laughs) Yes. Very “meta.”

 

How did you get up on Sonny’s backstory? His relationships, past major events in his life, etc.?
Tinker: 
The DAYS Wiki page was very helpful. That was my “go-to” when I booked the role. I went off the scripts that they gave me to establish Sonny’s relationship with Will.
Massey: (Wryly) He’s being nice. I tied [Zach] to a chair and described all 850 episodes [featuring Sonny and Will].

Tinker would be up for a long term as Sonny and Chandler would return as well

We’ve seen characters who’ve appeared in other DAYS digital series – Chad & Abby in Paris and Last Blast Reunion – move back to the mother show. Would both of you be up for that if the show extends an invitation?
Tinker:
 I would. Totally. I had a blast. This is my first stint [with DAYS]. I don’t know what the norm was for Will and Sonny. While I can’t say much about what’s going to happen [on Beyond Salem], I can tell you we get into some interesting and fun stuff. We did some wild stuff that I’m very excited for people to see. If it’s the kind of stuff we’d be doing on DAYS, I’d love to come back!
Massey: I feel the same way. I’d love to come back to DAYS – as you say, it’s the “mother” show.

yeah, they're both def. coming back to the main show, and I LOVE it! I love how Chandler is so cool with playing around with all these different guys. It's a real breath o fresh air and one of there reasons why I gave him so much grace even tho most DAYS fans were dragging tf out of him for his acting. LOL

 

eta: if Chandler returns on contract as Will and Zach joins as perm Sonny recast, I'll start watching the show regularly once again, negl. 

Edited by dio
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, dio said:

i agree with this 100% - I think Stacy's great, an even think they could do a "fake Kristen" sl like the fake Roman/father John sl from back in the day, just as a callback and to get rid of all the baggage for Eileen, but I do think DAYs needs Elieen's Kristen back. Eileen's Kristen vs. Sami would be epic soap shiz, which is what DAYS/Soaps needs right now. Production should move heaven and earth to make Eileen's Kristen happen on the main show permanently. 

yeah, they're both def. coming back to the main show, and I LOVE it! I love how Chandler is so cool with playing around with all these different guys. It's a real breath o fresh air and one of there reasons why I gave him so much grace even tho most DAYS fans were dragging tf out of him for his acting. LOL

 

eta: if Chandler returns on contract as Will and Zach joins as perm Sonny recast, I'll start watching the show regularly once again, negl. 

 

Chandler thrives when he's opposite someone he has fun with. Not saying he doesn't like Freddie but their vibe died a long time ago. Chandler came alive with Christopher Sean and they clearly had a bromance. I see something similar with Zach Tinker, who has a good personality on his own. I'm not surprised they mesh.

 

Hopefully they do come back to the main show. It feels like it's just a matter of when, not if.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy