Peacock Orders DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem

• Members

I do think it's a bit tacky to do the webseries concurrently with Haiduk on the mothership, but I also think having Eileen back in the role is not something they should've hesitated on no matter what, and I'm glad they didn't.

Given what Eileen says in that lovely new interview, the only thing keeping her from playing Kristen more often is the heavy time commitment. I think Stacy Haiduk is a gifted actress who's done her best in an impossible job, but they need to give Eileen whatever kind of recurring schedule she requires to return to the role permanently.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Looks like they had a good time!

Days of our Lives: Beyond Salem has such a “classic ’80s” feel to it. Zach, how did you being cast as Sonny (previously played by Freddie Smith) come about?
Zach Tinker: Initially, I had no idea that I was reading for Beyond Salem. I was told it was for a five-episode guest-starring role [on DAYS] playing opposite Sonny Kiriakis – his love interest or someone. When I booked it, [the show] told me what the real deal was.
Chandler Massey: (Wryly) You thought you were playing opposite yourself.
Tinker: (Laughs) Yes. Very “meta.”

How did you get up on Sonny’s backstory? His relationships, past major events in his life, etc.?
Tinker: 
The DAYS Wiki page was very helpful. That was my “go-to” when I booked the role. I went off the scripts that they gave me to establish Sonny’s relationship with Will.
Massey: (Wryly) He’s being nice. I tied [Zach] to a chair and described all 850 episodes [featuring Sonny and Will].

Tinker would be up for a long term as Sonny and Chandler would return as well

We’ve seen characters who’ve appeared in other DAYS digital series – Chad & Abby in Paris and Last Blast Reunion – move back to the mother show. Would both of you be up for that if the show extends an invitation?
Tinker:
 I would. Totally. I had a blast. This is my first stint [with DAYS]. I don’t know what the norm was for Will and Sonny. While I can’t say much about what’s going to happen [on Beyond Salem], I can tell you we get into some interesting and fun stuff. We did some wild stuff that I’m very excited for people to see. If it’s the kind of stuff we’d be doing on DAYS, I’d love to come back!
Massey: I feel the same way. I’d love to come back to DAYS – as you say, it’s the “mother” show.

• Members

I get where you're coming from.

Frankly, Kristen shouldn't be a regular character because they can't sustain her as one. Stacy's Kristen became very watered down until they needed to write her out so out came the crazy.

I agree with Vee they need to work with Eileen on this. She does seem willing. If they can work it out with Alison Sweeney they can work it out with Eileen. It's not like Y&R is interested. Even though she always has preferred it there.

• Members

i agree with this 100% - I think Stacy's great, an even think they could do a "fake Kristen" sl like the fake Roman/father John sl from back in the day, just as a callback and to get rid of all the baggage for Eileen, but I do think DAYs needs Elieen's Kristen back. Eileen's Kristen vs. Sami would be epic soap shiz, which is what DAYS/Soaps needs right now. Production should move heaven and earth to make Eileen's Kristen happen on the main show permanently. 

Please register in order to view this content

yeah, they're both def. coming back to the main show, and I LOVE it! I love how Chandler is so cool with playing around with all these different guys. It's a real breath o fresh air and one of there reasons why I gave him so much grace even tho most DAYS fans were dragging tf out of him for his acting. LOL

eta: if Chandler returns on contract as Will and Zach joins as perm Sonny recast, I'll start watching the show regularly once again, negl. 

Edited by dio

• Members

Chandler thrives when he's opposite someone he has fun with. Not saying he doesn't like Freddie but their vibe died a long time ago. Chandler came alive with Christopher Sean and they clearly had a bromance. I see something similar with Zach Tinker, who has a good personality on his own. I'm not surprised they mesh.

Hopefully they do come back to the main show. It feels like it's just a matter of when, not if.