2020 Tokyo Olympics

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks for starting this thread Soapsuds

Please register in order to view this content

My favorite sports to watch in the Olympics are gymnastics and swimming. The Swimming races can be very exciting like the 400m Freestyle tonight. That was a good race between Katie Ledecky and Ariarne Titmus. Titmus did a good job of keeping pace with Katie Ledecky and pulled away at just the right time to get the win. And lol at her coach. He was a doing lot in this celebration lol:

Edited by xtr

• Members

I like the diving competitions too. I've always thought that the announcers do a really good job of calling the competition/analyzing the dives.  I think that the first week of the Olympics is usually the best week, with a lot of the swimming, gymnastic and dining events. The second week of Olympic sports isn't as good IMO. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Barf...he goes on and on but it's all about him

British diver Tom Daley won the first gold medal of his Olympic diving career on Monday.

Daley and partner Matty Lee won gold in the men's synchronized 10-meter platform event to beat the Chinese team of Cao Yuan and Chen Aisen by 1.23 points. 

Daley, 27, revealed publicly in 2013 that he was gay after winning a bronze medal at the 2012 London Olympics. On Monday after he and Lee won gold, Daley said that he would feel alone and different when he was diving as a kid — and that their win in the 10-meter platform showed that LGBTQ kids could achieve anything. 

"I hope that any young LGBT person out there can see that no matter how alone you feel right now you are not alone and that you can achieve anything and there is a whole lot of your chosen family out here ready to support you," Daley said in his news conference. "And I think it’s one of those things that I feel incredibly proud that I am a gay man and also an Olympic champion … I feel very empowered by that.

"When I was younger, I thought I was never going to be anything or achieve anything because of who I was. And to be an Olympic champion now shows that you can achieve anything."

The 2020 Tokyo Olympics features over 50 athletes who have said they are LGBTQ. 

"There are more openly out LGBT athletes at this Olympic games than any other Olympic games previously," Daley said.

Daley said that he would lay in bed as a child and dream of one day winning a gold medal at the Olympics. He said the final dive he and Lee made — a 4.5-somersault with a pike — was executed just as he had visualized it for decades.

"To see us become Olympic champions, I still cannot actually believe that it's just happened. It's been a dream of mine for so many years and I am extremely

• Members

I am loving the Olympics thus far. I know the time difference is tough (but that didn't stop me from enjoying the Winter Olympics in South Korea either).

Did you see those 13 year old girls doing the Olympic skateboarding? Crazy.

Right now its the women's team event in gymnastics. Simone Biles is the GOAT, but the US team as a whole is looking nervous and shaky. Biles looks like her right foot is wrapped, too.

ETA: OK. There is a big shock with this gymnastics event but I don't want to spoil it here to anyone  who will be watching later -- I know its early in the US.

Edited by Cat