• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

She said she doesn't enjoy firing people. I nearly gagged. She doesn't have a problem firing Genie Francis. 

She basically confirmed a lot of the rumors I'd heard internally about her time on Y&R, what she was tasked to do, how much the network pushed back, and what they changed after they fired her. Good riddance. 

• Members

Jill needed to be the EP of a brand new soap.

Because she had all these ideas that on paper sounded like they would work, but they were implemented horribly and completely changed already established shows that didn't need to be changed. Updated maybe, but not completely changed like they were. AW did not have to become ER or Hill Street Blues. With a brand new soap, if you're the one creating the style you don't have that problem. 

I think she might have been okay at a soap like Sunset Beach, or even Passions.

• Members

Wasn't she the EP on the Nickelodeon soap, Hollywood Heights? She had her shot and blew it. 

And SB was practically the newest show on the block when she was made EP and she blew that too. 

I get that the network influences a lot of decisions, but Jill needs to take accountability for her decades of flops too. She should've stuck to being a music director at the end of the day. She is good at that. 

• Members

We know a soap of hers would feature the mob and the hospital set to the opening theme of ER/NYPD Blue/Chicago Hope in a working class setting.

Please register in order to view this content

In all honesty, JFP doesn't have the emotional connection to these shows we have from growing up watching them. True, I'm sure dealing with networks must be hell, however, you don't change the show's overall tone. You actually see what can be used from the past and update to the present. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

Well tbh, I didn't even know Hollywood Heights existed until today lol

But the thing is with a new soap, you don't risk alienating any fans

I actually think those are good ideas, just not on a long running soap that's never been in that style before 

• Members

Timothy Gibbs would be the eldest son dealing with alcoholism.

Robin Christopher would either play the cynical eldest daughter or the vampish other woman. 

And John Bolger would play the corrupt police chief who is straddling both sides.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Forever8