DAYS: June 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I'll dissent: Drake's natural hair sticks out like a huge sore thumb. 95% of that cast has gray hair. His dye job was bad, but is the same also true for everyone else?

The thing about Drake's mullet, to me, is it seemed like TOTALLY normal TV hair until the '90s were almost over, but everyone else being clean-cut and cropped really drew attention to it.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lol. That’s a funny take. Although I think it’s believable that Sami would have a deeper connection with the schlubbier yet more grounding Lucas.

DF was good in his scenes with Thaao today. But yeah I wish they allowed him to be a slightly rougher version of E.J. instead of shoehorning him into James Scott’s posh, polished version. And it would make story sense given all that E.J. has been through.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

He's almost 70.  I am fine with the gray hair.  The man hasn't let himself go.  He still looks in great shape.  I prefer it to his dye job and certainly to the weird dye job Josh Taylor has. SN has weird things going on with his hair too most of the time.  But I think people like Maurice Benard should cut the dye jobs out too.  

I am pretty sure Drake's mullet went out of style in about 1993. In 1995, I was getting concerned.   By 1996 or 1997, it looked like he was just too lazy to get a haircut. 

See the source image<<<<<<<< This is an unacceptable look for a man appearing on National Television.   What's scary is I think it's actually a pic from the 2000's lol.

I love BD/Lucas, but he isn't the hottest guy around.  But Sami was never supposed to be the hottest girl either, so it works on that level.  

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Today was pretty solid. I didn't have a problem with anything.

I can kind of see why they're making EJ more polished at this point though. It is believable after everything he's been through. But it also paves the way for him to become rougher once he finds out about Sami and Lucas

• Members

JS was just...the whole package, so it's going to be hard to find a replacement that fits the bill with all James was able to do. He really was something out of a harlequin romance novel. He was born to play a romantic leading man, and he added to that with being able to bring dramatic range be it a damaged hero or a Byronic villain. He had a dry comedic wit that made him fairly funny, along with a level of charisma that made him immensely watchable. It's hard to think of another actor in recent memory who checked all those boxes feasibly, and solidly. We'll see what DF will be able to bring, but seeing as all of EJ's clones sort of missed the bill the past few years since his departure (Chad, Stefan, Jake, etc.), I don't hold out too much hope.  

• Members

I think Days really screwed up making EJami this amazing love story and endgame after JS left.  He was pretty clear he was never coming back.  They should have just kept him dead.  

Days just got stuck with the fact they had to cast an EJ now that Ali was back.  It might be better to move him in another direction away from Sami.  Will see how it goes, but I think they should definitely start testing DF with other women.

He's not bad, per se, but I am not wowed or anything.

• Members

I kind of don't blame them too much for that. How many soap actors say they will never ever return, and then they are on their nth return a few years later?

For every Renee Jones whose departure is real, there are a thousand and one others who are willing to return as long as they get a break, a few contract stipulations and the money is right. 

Edited by Skin

• Members

I don't know his always seemed real to me.  Realer than how I feel about Kristian Alfonso saying she's never, ever coming back lol.   Just because JS was so into all the personal life coaching stuff and apparently quit acting.   I wonder how successful it is because it is pretty pricey looking at his website. 

Anyway, I just think Days/Ron brought EJ back to life without any plan and are now stuck having to follow through with it.   I am pretty sure I have heard Days has approached JS several times, but we used to hear the same stuff about JKJ and that he would never return and was living in like a cave in Missouri or something, so who knows?

• Members

I might be in the minority but the over-the-top gushing over JS is not something I had missed. 
But since people have been in a hurry to belittle the current two male performers involved in the Sami triangle, let me just say that I would boink BD - then or now - any day over JS. And I would take DF over JS, physically speaking, scruffy or cleaned up as well.
So, there. Maybe Sami has my tastes.

I do agree with the initial criticism that I hope they don't try to shoehorn DF into the polish that JS had brought EJ. I didn't like it then but that came naturally to JS so it worked for him. Allowing DF to have his own spin on the character would probably work better. We shall see.

• Members

I mean they are all good looking but ...............

Exhibit A:

Please register in order to view this content

Exhibit B:

Exhibit

See the source image

I 100% prefer Lucas to EJ and Lumi to EJami, but this is enough to make me consider paying him $6000 to be my life coach.  Just saying......lol

Edited by carolineg