Y&R April 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Y&R is dusting off old Phyllis/Abby antics for this Phyllis/Sally feud. With Sally’s threat to hit Phyllis “where she least expects it,” it appears they’ll pivot from Sally pursuing Jack to Sally going after Nick. Nick doesn’t have a story beyond Faith, and Sally/Jack has been poorly received (due to their own poor execution, of course—you can’t play a May/December romance like that these days without playing the necessary beats, or people will be grossed out).

Clearly, folks are getting vaccinated (?) or guidelines have been loosened, as we’ve now seen Billy/Lily and Devon/Amanda lock lips.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I didn't catch it because I'm only half paying attention and it's incredibly rare for me to be watching the day it airs. That's funny. They didn't even need to reshoot, they could have just cut "grand" in post-production. They really don't care!

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

I just watched today's Canadian episode.  I kind of feel bad for Sally.  I honestly believe that she's trying to be a better person, but old habits die hard.  It's tough living away from home.  I just wonder what she's gonna do next.  I was in a similar situation 10 years ago.  Maybe Gloria and Sally will become friends.   Sally needs a motherly figure in her life right now.  She literally has no one.  

I'm glad that Jack and Sally are done now. He was old enough to be her father. It was kinda creepy. What the heck did they have in common besides being human?

Edited by Meredith

• Members

I am really enjoying the new Moses. He is delightful and very cute. He definitely comes across as a real and good teenage boy. He has good chemistry with Devon and Nate. I enjoy seeing him bond with them, especially Devon. It was nice to see him and Devon bond more about Neil and Devon trying to help him learn more about Neil, by telling him more about his love for Jazz music on today's episode. I am also enjoying him with Faith. I am looking forward to seeing him interact with Lily and I hope that is soon. I could see them being close and her being protective, mama-ish towards her baby brother (like a lot of big sisters are towards considerably younger siblings).

Edited by xtr

• Members

I like how Sally stood up on the step to level up to Phyllis.

I wonder if Sally will play on Nick’s already-voiced insecurities about Phyllis’s relationship with Jack and weasel her way in. To me, their rivalry is the only story the show has with real tension.

• Members

I have bitched since the beginning that my problem with that story is that the show TOLD us Summer/Phyllis disliked Sally intensely but we were never given a proper reason other than "on first sight" which is hardly the spark of historic feuds.
That being said, lame as that was, NOW Sally has a reason to be pissed off so I might be more invested in the next twists of the back-and-forth.

And may I suggest Y&R casts Sally's mom (who I don't think we have heard anything about) with Sarah Buxton? A wonderful actress who I have been saying looks like she would be Courtney Hope's mom and would be a more age-appropriate match for PB's Jack.
Then put Sally and her mom against Phyllis and this is the war of the fiesty redheads and I am into it.

Please register in order to view this content