Y&R April 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Re: this actress playing Tara. Bill Bell and the production teams of his era would have used her red-rimmed eyes and depressive nature to poignant effect, but on this flat, two-dimensionally produced show, she just feels sorta wan and forgettable.

Jabot needs players with more gravitas than Kyle and Summer with Jack as a babysitter. 

It’s always nice to see Tricia Cast, but how they’re using Nina is a bummer. 

• Members

I wanted Tara to be this era's version of Cassandra Rawlins. But between the choice of actress and story I'm over it. 

I wish we had more on-screen employees at Jabot too. Don't get me started on Victoria and Nikki being the only employees at Newman. 

Other than Kyle, Summer and Jack. I know Mariah works there but we don't see her there. I wish Billy was back working there instead of him trying to be the Midwest version of Harvey Levin. Also I wish Jabot was actually working on a product/campaign for a new cosmetic line i.e. Glo By Jabot etc., 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

Agree. I wish Cricket would run Phyllis down with her car, kill her and drive away laughing.  I am so over the over sexed old bat dropping her stank drawers for Nick, her one bony shoulder poking out and her whispering. 
I don’t love to hate her, I just hate her. 

I sort of like Ashland Locke but they went a bit overboard with the Jabot stuff. Kyle comes across like a kid. Why didn’t they bring back Blake Hood? He was more age appropriate and could portray an adult man instead of a man-boy. 

• Members

I am with you. I was fine with Phyllis, warts and all, when GT was playing her.

But Phyllis' personality coupled with MS's, hum, idiosyncracies and my tolerance level goes way down.
That being said, she is part of the canvas and, while I think she has been used horribly the past few years, she belongs on the show.
But I'll be damned if her out-of-nowhere vendetta against Sally is not extremely unsympathetic. It rings hollow when she acts as if she is superior to Sally, considering how much worse she has done, but at least hypocrisy is part of the characters. Hearing fans whitewash her past is more puzzling to me: it is OK to like her but she is still a piece of work!