Y&R April 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

If she stays, I have a feeling she might be infrequently used. She’s the same age as Nancy Lee Grahn, who’s still front and center on GH. There *should* be ways of using her, with a little imagination. She hasn’t destroyed her looks with excessive cosmetic interventions like some of her peers. Playing wife to Victor and family mediator are not all she should be doing. She’s still one of daytime’s most recognizable stars. Even JC had story nearly to the end, but Katherine cast a wider net in GC.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It is bizarre how much the storyline of her suing Victor because of the trust fund ended up meaning nothing to the show, the characters and apparently making so little impact that viewers have forgotten it.
Despite the fact it could and should have been a huge battle that changed their relationship. Alas...

I was wondering if that was going to be addressed at some point. I am no huge fan of Sophia and she would be kind of adrift in GC without her only anchor which was Neil but it still feels like we should see her even for a visit.

Lord knows I have heard the fair share of criticism of her over the years - much warranted - and I was well aware she very much preferred to be in JM's Nick orbit because they are buddies but did we ever get stories that she was concerned being paired with Jack was aging her? Yikes.

It is funny how subjective it is because I didn't realize she was the same age as NLG. Despite looking fantastic, she has been playing the mother of adult children for so long that Nikki *feels* older. Several of Alexis children are barely out of teenagehood so she reads younger than NLG is. And of course Nikki is saddled - I use the word knowingly - with supercoupledom with Victor and EB is 80 while NLG still manages to have romances and sexual trysts so while they are both beautiful women of the same age, one character just reads older on-screen than the other.
I will be blunt: I wish EB a happy long life. But he is 80yo. Fact is Nikki could have some life left in her as a widow (for instance Jill's stories as an older woman were dreadful but they did try) but in the current state of things, while I don't see her going anywhere, I also don't see her being front-and-center much anymore.

• Members

HELLL NO!

Saying Adam "isn't being shoved down our throats", I just don't get that at all.  When Adam is Josh Griffith's fave character period, one can tell that easily by watching the show.   I don't hate Sally because Phyllis hates her, I hate her because she's a selfish bitch, they way she's blackmailed Summer and Kyle, gone after Jack since day one (she knows he's rich and wants him for his money imho, he's a fool, since she's young enough to be his daughter, maybe granddaughter!, plus the things she did on B&B

• Members

If Staff doesn't want to be paired up with Bergman's Jack, I would readily replace her with Tognoni again. I thought she was a remarkable recast in what I suspected would be a fail. And she sold that couple 100%. I've talked often about how unfairly slated I think PB is by fans in terms of his performance, but pairing him with very young women these days is embarrassing as hell.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Since you did state CURRENTLY, I would say they are both being bitches; but yes currently Sally is blackmailing peeps lol

Sally's past misdeeds are amatuerish compared to Katherine, Victor, Sheila, Michael, Phyllis, Chlovin, Adam and currently Chelsea who is on her 2 attempted murder

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by rlj

• Members

Whatever the situation with Dough Davidson is, he is the longest running cast member and they could have done better. If we can see Sharon in relationship drama,  Nick and Phyliss go back, and Victor & Nikki doing the same thing for for the umpteenth time, they could definitely find something for Paul to do. I think the only time Paul & Christine were really interesting as a pair were during the Isabella storylines. Otherwise I'd rather see them as investigative partners. Michael & Lauren is also a pairing that has dulled both characters in the long run as well. 

Lolllllll!!!!!!!!

Edited by ironlion

• Members

I am not going to make it personal.

But honestly? The only reason Tessa and Mariah are still a thing is because if they break up they are going to have to introduce another lesbian or bi character for Mariah if they want to use her. And that's a pain for lazy writers. 
At least here they've done "the hard part" already so they can get the benefit of featuring a lesbian couple without having to bother.

• Members

Remember when Nikki saved Jabot with her money against Victor's wishes? Where has THAT Nikki gone?

I get it, Victor is a legendary character and EB a pillar of the show. But the writers going along with his insistence that Victor always be the winner and be one step ahead of everyone is really hurting every character in his orbit. It does not make Victor any "less of a man" if Nikki has a personality.