Y&R April 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Abby and Chance wanted to have a a baby, They found out she can't carry because she had a miscarriage in 2016 and theirs scarring, and chance has bad sperm because he was shot and the medication they used. So they asked Mariah (the one half of the only lesbian couple in town). And Devon (a black man). To be surrogate and sperm donor.

• Members

I agree Bitter is not a good look for DD.

But as the longest running cast member he has been treated poorly.

Paul could easily be a part of the Rey/Adam/Sharon story for example.

Dead weight like Kevin and Michael still get to show up, so why not Paul?

• Members

It is undeniable that it is unfortunate for a fourty-year veteran of the show to be let go and not in a very classy way but it is also true that the character of Paul has been uninteresting for twenty of these fourty years and that DD has been reacting to his various downgradings in unpleasant unclassy ways which makes me think that he wasn't super exciting to be around when working during these past few years.
It is human to react that way and I am not entirely throwing stones at him but show business is a tough cruel business and it always surprises me when actors don't know that a poker face is the best way to react to setbacks, even when you have plenty of room for legitimate grievances. When you close a door in entertainment industry, it stays closed. It is not like he is needed.

• Members

Mariah was such a promising character early on and they've reduced her to a talk to and Devon was so hurt after losing his child with Hillary that it's equally baffling to use him of all people as the father. I get they had to quickly write out Chance, but this is such a bizarre story and I can't believe it got greenlit. I expected them to maybe get a surrogate, but a surrogate AND a sperm donor and both are the most offensive choices possible. Just crazy.

• Members

This show is so incompetently written. It just throws story away. Like Sally coming clean about the Wyatt/Flo ordeal to Jack in the least dramatic way possible...

So Sally tells Jack she faked a deadly disease and held a woman hostage, and his response is, “I think we have to slow things down now.” Dafuq?!?!?

This show is GHASTLY.

• Members

They didn't even really address the fact that Mariah and Devon used to date, did they (especially since he was in a similar situation with Hillary, being asked to be her sperm donor although I don't remember if she got pregnant by the donation or the natural way)? Or the fact that Abby was also conceived by a donor? Not that I want to revisit that one, but it is a part of the show's history and Ashley could have brought it up without all the nasty details.

I also don't understand why they had to make Chance sterile at the last minute. They could have just said he made his donation just in time before he left. I think the writers like the idea of making the baby a Chancellor because Devon is Katherine's grandson, but Katherine was a Chancellor by marriage and wasn't actually related to Chance. No doubt we're set for lots of cringy dialogue about how this baby is part of the Chancellor, Abbot, and Newman lines (well no Abbott DNA really and that's not a secret anymore).

Edited by BoldRestless