Y&R April 2021 Discussion Thread

8 hours ago, BoldRestless said:

It has the seeds of something interesting, but isn't this just the Montalvo storyline again? Lots of exposition telling us about history they just made up about characters we've never heard of. We're told Victor could be the murderer but then he won't be and it really won't matter who it was because nothing will come of it.

I'm far more interested in how Amanda's relationship with her mom develops from this but it feels like they're rushing through her decision to take the case. The relationship matter on a soap, not these hokey mysteries.

This. It will probably be that new white man, whose name I can't recall. The one who thinks his Kyle's son's father. 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ajsp35801 said:

This. It will probably be that new white man, whose name I can't recall. The one who thinks his Kyle's son's father. 

Ashland locke ?

Edited by Dylan
Posted (edited)

Watched today....wow....what a horrible mess and a boring one too. Some awful acting too.

Edited by Soapsuds

Today (April 3) is Eric Braeden's 80th birthday. I love how he keeps it real on Twitter.  Plus he can still wipe the floor with guys half his age.

The dialogue on this show is often so generic, predictable, stilted, and without personality. Everyone speaks in the same slightly formal language.

I'm liking Sutton Ames so far. Keep him unapologetic and let him bow to nobody. Nobody being Victor or  anyone last named Newman or Abbot. 

Am I the only one who sees the humor in Chelsea, a notorious CON artist, naming her son CON-NOR. 
Does she want him to follow in her footsteps?  LOL

Posted (edited)

Keep in mind i like his writing, But i'm a bit surprised JG has lasted two years now.

Edited by Dylan

Griffith's writing is dull.

I like the actor playing Moses so far.  He has an"energy" about him.  

I liked the scenes with Sutton Ames.  Amanda having a story that isn't just about a man, but about her family has a lot of potential.  I'm hoping that we start to see her sister and her anger.  The slow introduction of Amanda's family, carefully plotted, shows that the new writer on the team is structuring this. Griffith would have had the story at the finish line by now.

Sharon needs a no-nonsense visit from her mother, Doris, to give her an eye-opener about her stupidity.  Griffith neer does Sharon any favors with her stories. Sharon Case deserves better.  I don't care who she's schtupping IRL.  Regressing her character back to his 2013 reboot doesn't work, Josh.

Please register in order to view this content

1 hour ago, slick jones said:

I liked the scenes with Sutton Ames.  Amanda having a story that isn't just about a man, but about her family has a lot of potential.  I'm hoping that we start to see her sister and her anger.  The slow introduction of Amanda's family, carefully plotted, shows that the new writer on the team is structuring this. Griffith would have had the story at the finish line by now.

That’s the thing—don’t want to get my hopes up. It might appear to be slowly and carefully told but just end up being a big letdown. And this regime hasn’t earned my trust to believe otherwise. Not yet, at least.

I wish that, if there’s a Newman angle, they’d done the legwork to put Amanda back in their orbit. Like it would have more impact if Amanda were working at Newman or something. That would add an extra layer of betrayal and pain on Amanda’s part.

I still wonder how Lily can live with herself knowing that she killed a woman who was loved by her husband and pregnant with his child.  

Her carelessness resulted 2 deaths, yet she still walks around GC with her nose in the air like nothing happened.  

This Abby/Devon/Mariah surrogacy story is simply *awful*. Jaw-droppingly misguided.

Sharon Case is usually solid, even when the material isn’t amazing, but she seems off her game lately.