Y&R March 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It’s funny: as bad as the other network soaps are, I can single out several performances in recent months on GH and DAYS that have impressed me. Today, William Lipton, Kin Shriner, and Rebecca Herbst rocked it on GH

I cannot say that for the CBS soaps. Maaaybe Mishael when Amanda confronted her mom, but that’s it. But GH and DAYS give their actors opportunities to show their stuff, even if the material isn’t spectacular. 

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I predict that Ashland will sell his company whose name I can’t spell or pronounce to Chance Comm. The fact that the Newmans are bidding against each other does not inspire confidence.  It's a red flag that suggests discord or in-fighting.  This divisiveness just makes their family and Newman Enterprises look unstable.

Edited by Meredith

• Members

When did Mishael say she didn't want to come back as Hilary? I'm fairly certain who she is playing isn't her choice. 

Everything is a dud right now. The writing is not exciting cause nothing is happening. Even when something does occur, it's written in the least dramatic way. 

What I'm finding surprising is how fans have turned on Mishael because the show chose not to resurrect Hilary when bringing her back. It seems there's nothing Mishael can do acting wise to win fans over now. I truly feel bad for her. 

Edited by ajsp35801

• Members

She said it in interviews when she came back that she left because she wanted to feel challenged and playing the same character for five years was enough and that her interest in coming back came only because they offered her to play someone different.
https://www.soapsindepth.com/posts/cbs/the-young-and-the-restless-mishael-morgan-reveals-why-return-173764

• Members

Turning on her is a bit exagerated. She is still a great actress. It is just that Amanda doesn't do it for us and it was her choice to leave in the first place.

The fact one of the major executives can't be bothered to comb her hair before going to work would not inspire confidence to me either. The fact all those executives are related to each other and there is no outside blood would also be concerning if this was a real business situation.