Y&R March 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I, too, thought that giving Amanda a mother and sister was a smart move made brilliant by the casting and characterization. I'm still hoping that plans are to bring the sister on full time as a foil for Amanda. But yet, we seem to be stuck in the drama less qaud. Mind you, Amanda/Devon/Elena/Nate could have been an entertaining smutty story. But everyone is so nice and understanding. Meh. I wanted this bad but it just hasn't been fun nor  soapy. I'm ready for it to end and move on to something new. 

• Members

Terrible pacing. We saw no Sharon and Rey honeymoon, and as you said, that was followed by marital troubles just weeks later.

I have no problem with a Jack and Sally story as long as Sally is a gold digger from hell, a throwback to the old Jill. Make it nasty and juicy, even if you repeat the same effing scripts from decades ago. I do not want to see marital bliss with Jack and Sally. How boring would that be?

• Members

Think back to Lorie/Lance/Leslie/Lucas and the years they got out of that.

If say, Nate and Amanda had been a little less 'nice and understanding' without becoming psycho villians, the twists and turns of this foursome would be way more interesting.

A few little lies and self serving actions wouldn't go astray...and an interfering parent for Elena or Amanda couldn't hurt- but there is no budget or interest in older characters.

• Members

Missed the beginning, but has Tara (Ashland’s wife/Kyle’s babymama) been crying, or does she have an eyeshadow problem?

Characters (whose performers aren’t involved IRL) not being able to kiss is a REAL problem for this show. 

• Members

Not going to belabor the former point because, well, if you are sure you can be sure, you will never be convinced that you can't be sure of anything you didn't personally witnessed.

But it is worth repeating that MM is an excellent actress and very charismatic and her talents are not at all in question. I'd reckon some of her scenes around her mother will land her Emmy nom for sure.
But I stand by my take that Amanda is not working - and more than happy to blame the writing.

I mean the show has been bad about those kinds of romances before (Sharon/Victor is still one of the vilest moments in the history of the show for me) but I think it is highly doubtful they are going to try to sell us the story as a proper romance. Of course Sally has an angle.
For me to accept it, and I really want to, they need to have the character and acknowledge the obvious, and I hope PB's ego can take it. I need to have people comment on how weird it is and Jack express self-confidence issues regarding being so much older etc. If they make the age difference an explicit point, then I can follow the story where it takes us.
Hopefully not a triangle with Kyle but the new story seems to be taking him away from that direction which is a relief.

And on that note, I think this actually helps the Sally/Jack story and make it easier for me to accept. I am not sure I'd feel the same way about seeing where it goes if we were ever to be treated to physical affection between them, if you know what I am saying.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

I just remarked to someone rye other day that Y&R had turned the page. Younger characters are leads. Older characters serve the story of the younger generation. I think Billy/JT is probably the oldest actor getting story. Even Victoria and Nick struggle. 

• Members

Burgi’s styling is fine, but I agree with you about the generic dialogue. No sense of personality at all. 

What is the name of this company anyway. Who the frick calls their company Siaxories or whatever the eff it is? I honestly can’t make out what they’re saying or what it’s supposed to stand for.

• Members

Whatever the name of the company, it should be the new "HI Bob" drinking game...

"Siaxories"... drink

It would be great if Chelsea made it all the way to Sharon's house and have Nikki "accidentally"  shoot the intruder on the property...  After all, it's been a few years since Nikki almost iced J.T.   Is Rey next in line for an aneurysm?