Y&R March 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

I was thinking - when I rarely tune in what happened to GCAC?  People lived there, worked out there, dined there and did they just ditch it when they did this Society restaurant and the Phoenix hotel?  

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Spooky I was just trying to remember the name of GL's boutique inn! The Beacon. That takes me back to GL's studio-bound Jonathan Era (just before Wheeler and Peapack) when half the cast would meet each other on the landing of the Beacon on the way to their room(s).

• Members

It’s almost comical! Like you see a scene about to take fire, and he dumps a huge pail of water on it. Even today, during the Sally/Kyle confrontation at Society, I thought we were going to see Sally go into full-on bitch mode after the commercial break, and it just went so... flat. It’s like clockwork.

• Members

I don't know what happened to the GCAC as I only recently tuned back in after a bit of a hiatus. The GCAC set did at least give an impression of depth of set -- multiple rooms (lobby to bar to eating area). I don't know why they didn't just have Phyllis take it over.

Yeah I was kind of ready for Sally or even (heaven forfend) saint Mariah blackmail Kyle about not telling Summer about the child for a few days. They could have got Kyle to vote on Jabot stuff they wanted, even if it went against his own interests. Just a little light humor watching him do stuff he obviously doesn't want to do because he is trying to cover his mess.  

Edited by Cat

• Members

I guess the GCAC set was too big. It seems they want to fit as many permanent sets as possible into the studio space so they don't need to pay to have them pulled down,stored and put up as needed, as previoysly happened.

In the past years we've lost

GCAC

Dark Horse complex - now a small office

Newman Ranch 2 - replaced by a room

Tack room

Police station

Victoria's house - shrunken down

Chancellor estate- redecorated and shrunken

Ashby house

Lauren's apartment

Jabot office - now just boardroom

Abbott dining room

GC Buzz

Brash n Sassy

Devon's workspace

Summer/Phyllis apartment

Am I missing anything?

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

They lack basic sets. 

Hospital is replaced by the tiny waiting room and exam room in Nate's clinic.

Courthouse scenes are replaced by receiving texts from their lawyers and meeting with their lawyers in the coffeehouse. They don't even use a conference room anymore; Theo's negotiation with the Abbots took place in their living room.

They also dumped Tessa and Mariah's tiny apartment. From that to some scenes on the tiny plane set while Tessa was on tour (might've been pre-COVID), and now if they're seen it's at Sharon's house.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

It's so crazy to think it's been so long since we've last scene the athletic club. I didn't even like that set really, but It's still weird they can't use it anymore. I'm shocked they still use the Abbott House Set. It's probably the least tampered with at this point. 

I hate to say this, because I know it's an iconic set for a lot of people but I wouldn't be too sad if they lost the Crimson Lights set. 

Random question, but I was just thinking when was the last time they used the Abbott's Kitchen set? I know probably not  since the 90's, but did it ever pop up again over the last 20 or 15 years? 

The Newly remodeled Jabot Lab too I think? 

Edited by YRfan23