Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Y&R February 2021 Discussion Thread

Taoboi

• Members
8 hours ago, soapfan770 said:

Theo & Sally are fun. It was nice to see Kyle and Summer get knocked down a few pegs and put in their places. Kyle looked like he wet himself or something during that he confrontation.

What’s up with the weird wacky one shoulder dress Phyllis had on? Actually I think Lauren wore something similar a while back they look absolutely tacky!

Please register in order to view this content

For awhile she was constantly wearing the cold shoulder dresses. I guess someone thinks this look is sexy. I think she looks ridiculous but I preferred her dress to the green thing Summer had on.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
8 hours ago, soapfan770 said:

That’s pretty much overkill for CBS News no wonder they’re still struggling with CBSN still. 

I’d say Y&R and B&B should just continue to release new episodes online like Days does when then get pre-empted.

THIS!!! 

• Members
1 hour ago, ~bl~ said:

CBS only allows their shows to be available for about a week without a subscription while NBC has months for free. I think that is part of why CBS does what it does.

Oh. that makes sense.

You never know what B&B or Y&R are going to do.  So just set to record at the usual time.  If there are any changes, each show posts to twitter and facebook an announcement -- a couple hours after the time of day that the episode would normally have aired. Such as "it will be shown on local channels in the middle of the night" or "it's preempted and shifted to the next airdate", etc.

Edited by janea4old

• Members
2 hours ago, janea4old said:

Oh. that makes sense.

You never know what B&B or Y&R are going to do.  So just set to record at the usual time.  If there are any changes, each show posts to twitter and facebook an announcement -- a couple hours after the time of day that the episode would normally have aired. Such as "it will be shown on local channels in the middle of the night" or "it's preempted and shifted to the next airdate", etc

They ended up showing Eric Braden's anniversary episode again, which got cut off halfway through. 

• Members
On 2/8/2021 at 1:29 PM, Faulkner said:

B&B actually portrays conflict and soapy secrets, but feels similar in many ways (a lot of rushing through story and missing beats while also feeling very slow and repetitive). I do wonder what’s happening at CBS. Certainly The Talk’s troubles might be a focus right now.

Very true on The Talk.

And agreed on B&B. I'd love for anything to draw me in to that show again but nope. Zzzzzzz.

They're all sadly at the point where the ABC and NBC soaps had been long before. Empty, directionless, budget reduced ...

The last time I TRULY had genuine interest in rushing to watch B&B everyday was back in 2002-2003. I was just rewatching some of Macy's return from the dead and it was really good. WTF happened to Brad around then? The show just plummetted. We then had years of Jack Wagner and Lesley Anne Down who newer viewers would have no clue were ever even on the show. Sydney Penny. Lorenzo Lamas. Mario Lopez. The list goes on ... 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I really would like to know what will happen to Chelsea and the actress who plays her but there are no spoilers for March.  Someone said Melissa Claire Egan is leaving the show.  If Chelsea recovers from the stroke, then they would need to recast the part.  

• Members
3 hours ago, Meredith said:

I really would like to know what will happen to Chelsea and the actress who plays her but there are no spoilers for March.  Someone said Melissa Claire Egan is leaving the show.  If Chelsea recovers from the stroke, then they would need to recast the part.  

Chelsea could be gone tomorrow and there would be no void.    No need to recast......

• Members
On 2/8/2021 at 10:29 AM, Faulkner said:

B&B actually portrays conflict and soapy secrets, but feels similar in many ways (a lot of rushing through story and missing beats while also feeling very slow and repetitive). I do wonder what’s happening at CBS. Certainly The Talk’s troubles might be a focus right now.

To be fair, that has been what B&B is for most of the 21 century

• Members
2 hours ago, janea4old said:

What is on the Canadian today?  I heard it was a rerun but I wonder which one?

They aired two episodes ahead (on Global) so there won’t be a NEW episode till tomorrow’s show (again on global)