Y&R February 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Dull actor, dull character.

Just thinking how the marriage of Sharon/Rey was pointless. They're already having problems.

The whole story would have been more dramatically effective if their mutual reluctance to marry came into play.

Sharon, because she's already had umpteen marriages and is conflicted about her relationship with Adam.

Rey, because he's already had a bad marriage and Sharon has the above listed issues.

The inevitable split wouldn't leave Sharon with yet another divorce on her scoreboard.

Rey has lost his family and work connection, so he could be dropped with little fallout.

• Members

It’s funny back during 2007-2010 I just didn’t care for Bryton or the character of Devon at all but grew to love and appreciate him since then. I blame all of it on idiotic writing.

Rey has been basically a Dylan replacement this whole time. With the news about Sasha Calle and the fact both Calle &  Vilasuso’s contracts are up this year means it’s the end of the Rosales clan. We’ll probably end up with Dylan returning again as soon as Rey leaves to cause conflict for Adam & Sharon.

• Members

Seeing Bill (who I cant stop calling Brad) and Lauren was cool. As someone said it felt natural and energetic. I could stomach that pairing. Bill is an a***h**** annoying villain, but I'd like to see him give Victor and Jack hell!

Characters getting married so willy-nilly becomes tiresome and repetitive. It dulls the impact of the relationship and or eventual breakup. Nothing wrong with just having them date. 

As for Brighton James, it feels like they just have black actors there for affirmative action purposes. They get no interesting story lines, and haven't really had any interesting cast hires since Drusilla got killed off. I was never really into Hillary but I feel like she could have done well as an antagonist to Dru and Olivia. I miss the days lf Malcom, Dru, Neil, Olivia, Alex, Callie, Keesha, Nathan etc...

Edited by ironlion

• Members

I very much dislike Steve Burton - both him and his acting - but once Dylan was Paul and Nikki's son, I am OK with the character being on the canvas and getting an actual actor who can act in the role might make him slightly more interesting. It'd be Rey but with ties to the rest of the characters. 
Imagine the current storyline, flaws and all, but with the added wrinkle that the man Sharon is playing around on with Adam is Nikki's son and you immediately get at least a couple extra fun scenes out of it.

And unpopular opinion: almost all her storylines were duds but I love Jessica Collins very much and I wouldn't mind having Avery back, especially if she is written like she initially was.

• Members

I wouldn't mind Jessica Collins on Bold and Beautiful as a recast for Kristen Forrester. But I know Brad would get bored with her and Kristen in about three months due to his legendary short attention span for characters that aren't Liam/Steffy/Hope merry-go-round. 

• Members

This show is really starting to tick me off.  They'll drop a bomb at the end of an episode.  You expect them to deal with the fallout in the next episode and they don't.  Sally tells Summer that Bill Spencer can ruin your life or whatever and we don't even get to hear Summer reacting to this the day after.   Faith shows Sharon the Shadam picture and they don't even show Sharon trying to lie her way out of it in the next episode. They always drop these major shockers on us and then they abandon those scenes altogether.  It's like lazy writing.