Y&R February 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Part of her is definitely only there for the check but I also think she is dried up acting wise. Its obvious this production regime has realized this as well which is why she isn't being written for as a lead anymore like she was when she first returned. Should've kept Tognoni but

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Maybe I am going to be mean, but she screwed them over by leaving abruptly to take another role on another show, didn't do particularly well in that role, they got a really superior actress as a recast that did really good things acting-wise and was well-received by fans, and they STILL abruptly dumped said recast actress to hire back MS back at presumably a lot more money than she used to earn.
Even a humble actress would have gotten a bit cocky.
Why would she bother to make an effort? TPTB clearly sent the signal they wanted her regardless - without even having any plans to use her.

• Members

There is no need for Phyllis at this point and like so many others her romantic possibilities are limoted so it's just rehashing Phick with no real drama or stakes at hand.

MS is probably floundering and pissed due to the horrid writing and it's coming through onscreen.

Phyllis could leave town and even if Summer stayed they could write around her mother's absence for a fair while. Just don't put Summer in anything that would require Phyllis' physical presence.

Result - saving her salary to be spent elswhere and one less played out vet to write for.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Setting aside whether she is "dried up" or just currently bored with the admittedly uninteresting material she is given lately, she was phoning it in big time in today's scenes.

And I'd be the first one to tell you the writing around Sally (whom I like) is weird and the dialogue in today's scene was really bad in the script itself. But still she was giving it nothing.