Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Y&R February 2021 Discussion Thread


Taoboi

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members

My problem with Sally vs Phyllis/Summer is that nothing has happened that would justify those two going so hard against her.

It is one thing to establish that they are suspicious of her and instantly disliked her but for me to be invested there needs to be actual things that happen that establish detestation between two characters. Here there is nothing. Phyllis is making big speeches about how awful Sally is without an ounce of fact at all.
"She got promoted too fast" is not a compelling hook for her to start breaking the law in pursuit of God knows what..

Edited by FrenchBug82
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
13 hours ago, Chatty Cakes said:

Old Phyllis is jealous of Sally Spectra and I love it! MS’s plastic surgery is not flattering.
Is Chelsea wearing an adult diaper? There is nothing interesting about this storyline, 

I wish Phyllis would be murdered. We haven’t had a good murder in a long time and it’s kind of overdue. How long are they going to keep shoving this horny old goat down us poor viewers throats? She’s repulsive.


What is your problem with Michelle Stafford? Did she do something to you? Because your posts on here about her are vile and border on unhinged.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
27 minutes ago, ranger1rg said:


What is your problem with Michelle Stafford? Did she do something to you? Because your posts on here about her are vile and border on unhinged.

They do the same with hunter king i noticed. I don't get it either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
5 hours ago, Dylan said:

They do the same with hunter king i noticed. I don't get it either. 

For the record I don't like MS as an actress and there are some off-the-set stuff I disapprove of but I agree this post was over-the-top.
She is far from an old goat, she is far from the worst when it comes to plastic surgery and as irritated as I am by her acting (or lately lack thereof), she is not repulsive.
I have even less against Hunter King, whose character I do not like, but who is doing fine with the material she is given.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

It makes more sense for Sally to go after Nick (or even Billy) than Jack but I guess she sees him as a sugar daddy who's easier to target? LOL none of it makes sense. Griffith sucks.

 

It does make sense that Summer and Phyllis are insecure around Sally. She's who they think they are (and who Phyllis used to be - fun).

 

I'd rather not see her be wasted on any of them to be honest.

 

I also feel like we are a year or two too late for this Kyle baby mama crap. Zzzz. I wish I could care, I really do. So tired of baby stories. This is why talented younger actors flee soaps (in normal times). 

 

And wasting Nina, Devon and Cassiah on Abby's uterus? Spare me.

 

Seems like Griffith is trying to soap it back up a bit but the show is a hollow empty shell under him.

Edited by KMan101
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
2 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

It makes more sense for Sally to go after Nick (or even Billy) than Jack but I guess she sees him as a sugar daddy who's easier to target? LOL none of it makes sense. Griffith sucks.

 

I'd rather not see her be wasted on any of them to be honest.

In true 2021 Y&R form, they’ve done zero to set this up properly. Just scenes of light flirtation and minor mentoring from Jack. I could totally see someone as ambitious as Sally going for the Big Daddy instead of a second stringer like Billy/Nick, but they haven’t played the beats to get there at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 minute ago, Faulkner said:

In true 2021 Y&R form, they’ve done zero to set this up properly. Just scenes of light flirtation and minor mentoring from Jack. I could totally see someone as ambitious as Sally going for the Big Daddy instead of a second stringer like Billy/Nick, but they haven’t played the beats to get there at all.

 

I figured they haven't played the beats at all. It could totally work but the writing isn't there. Shame but expected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Just now, KMan101 said:

 

I figured they haven't played the beats at all. It could totally work but the writing isn't there. Shame but expected.

And they aren’t being as blunt and transparent about the age difference as they should be, maybe to protect PB’s ego? But they should be more upfront about the elephant in the room. More people should be commenting on it from afar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
6 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

And they aren’t being as blunt and transparent about the age difference as they should be, maybe to protect PB’s ego? But they should be more upfront about the elephant in the room. More people should be commenting on it from afar.

 

That's a good point. They can't keep pretending Jack is some young hot catch. No offense to Bergman, who has aged well, of course, but they have to call out the elephant in the room, like you said. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
43 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

 

I figured they haven't played the beats at all. It could totally work but the writing isn't there. Shame but expected.

This. This. This.
They haven't played the beats at all. 
And that's what I was saying re: the Phyllis twosome vs Sally. As KMan101 said, it does make sense for them to be insecure. But you can't get them to 1000 unless you SHOW why that initial dislike escalates to a real rivalry. A few tense conversations is not good enough.
Play the beats. Exactly my problem with all of this. Stop telling me about Sally and how everyone feels about Sally. Show me. Write it. Tell a story with a beginning a middle and a to be continued.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
12 hours ago, ranger1rg said:
What is your problem with Michelle Stafford? Did she do something to you? Because your posts on here about her are vile and border on unhinged.

I simply can’t stand her or HK, their acting, their characters....etc

GT was much better in the role.

HK can’t play anything but dumb. She is dreadful, I wish she’d get another prime time gig just to get her off the show but I doubt anyone would hire her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
4 hours ago, Chatty Cakes said:

I simply can’t stand her or HK, their acting, their characters....etc

GT was much better in the role.

HK can’t play anything but dumb. She is dreadful, I wish she’d get another prime time gig just to get her off the show but I doubt anyone would hire her.

MS has paid her dues, although I’ve been disappointed with her return. HK along with MO and many others on this show have probably not been fired because of their looks, that’s it. Their  ability to carry a story is questionable while better talents have been fired

 

 

6 hours ago, KMan101 said:

 

I figured they haven't played the beats at all. It could totally work but the writing isn't there. Shame but expected.

 

Of course not. JG is good at telling the beginning and end. That’s it. He’s not a Kay Alden or even Bill Bell Jr (when he wants) who will develop major twists and turns  and give purpose to viewers to root for or against a character or couple. Sort of the same happened with Amanda. She showed up and barely anything happened and then she was dumped into a story with Billy and then passed off to Devon like nothing happened with the former. Of course now we getting some back story which has been all over the place. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Community Activity

    1. 3,642

      Soap Hoppers --The Soap Actors And Roles Thread

    2. 3,735

      Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

    3. 3,735

      Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

    4. 3,735

      Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy