Y&R February 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Once again the Devon/Elena/Nate/Amanda quad moves too fast to even provide suspense or buildup of tension. Like Elena and Nate being revealed too fast now we have Elena and Devon revealed too fast. Being it Feb sweeps and all is when Devon & Amanda really should have found out that Nate & Elena had been having a steamy secret affair since October but like we said at the beginning it seems to be February “sleeps” instead.

The sad thing is it’s still the best storyline on the show at the moment.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Don’t ever edit this. I love it!

Please register in order to view this content

Both shows suck, but I wonder if there’d be any benefit to doing a permanent character swap (like in the olden days) between Y&R and B&B beyond Sally (not the greatest success so far, mind you). Like moving Bill to Genoa City to romance Victoria or split up Lauren and Michael.

Edit: I feel like Sally’s interaction with Bill was the first time the character seemed natural on Y&R. Ironically.

Bryton looks buff and great, but that tattoo sleeve might be too much.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I don't even understand the Nina situation. I thought she only came back to visit for the wedding and then went home, but when Christine called her to tell her to come to the Chancellor house so she could tell her about Chance, they made it sound like she was right in town. Yet she didn't spend Christmas with her son or spend any time with them at all when they got the bad news about Abby's fertility? 

I liked the scene the other day where Devon was explaining his tattoos to Amanda. It was the kind of conversation people would actually have, except for the social distancing. I'm guessing those are really Bryton's and they made up a story about how they related to Devon's life? 

• Members

I am fascinated (in a bad way) by the way they are writing the big storyline they are starting for Abby while having just fired Boaz.
Must have been hella last-minute that they chose to go this route - including pretty obviously using Tricia Cast for the interactions that should have been between Abby and Chance - rather than recast.

The real story of this firing must be even juicier than we thought!

I like Sally and her portrayer but so far I am struck by the fact they don't seem to know where they are taking her and what they are trying to do with her.
Feels like another last-minute choice where B&B didn't want her anymore but they didn't want to lose her so someone upstairs had Y&R hire her before they even had a plan for her on Y&R.

I was reading on the Sunset Beach thread how the headwriters on that show never made any plans in advance and I replied that it was very unusual and shows usually are pretty planned out at the six months and one year mark even though things change.
I am starting to think Y&R writing team, right now, is just making it up as they go along.

• Members

It would have been funny since they had Bill call Jack: “Jack Rabbit”  that Jack slipped in one of his old nicknames for Brad to Bill (Bradski, Junior, Golden Boy) and then Jack could have said: “oh sorry u just remind me of my former brother - in law I couldn’t stand!”

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

They absolutely zoom through certain stories (Devon/Elena/Nate). Yet, for months, they’ve kept playing the same scene of Victoria interrupting Billy and Lily’s romantic plans using her kids. And today, the same scene. They could be literally copying and pasting Billy/Lily/Victoria scenes and rearranging words here and there. 

Not that I care about Billy/Lily... or Phick. These writers really think they are creating pulse-quickening romances.

• Members

I was literally thinking the same thing about Case. A few weeks ago I commented about her plastic surgery and she’s gone overboard in the span of 2 weeks. It can’t be just Botox. She’s looking harsh and noticeably different. Whatever she’s doing to her face, she has neglected her neck because her neck look like it belongs to a 70 year old with a ton of wrinkles which doesn’t match her ever changing face. Even in today’s episode her face was slightly puffy. It’s just odd. Great plastic surgery is suppose to be undetectable which I’m sure @DaytimeFan can attest to. She celebrated her 50 birthday recently so she’s obviously feeling the pressure to look younger but it’s having the adverse effect.