Y&R February 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree. Seeing Theo today reminded of much I miss Y&R having a full time devious/sleazy character. Kyle lacks his dad’s “Smilin’ Jack” charm, Summer lacks her mother’s thunder etc. 

Speaking of Theo, why wasn’t THAT secret found out about when Kyle & Lola were about to marry? Sheesh. Theo’s story reminded of that lousy soliloquy Sharon gave to Nick about the Sandra Anderson crap back under Pratt. 

I now fully expect in three months some random second string actress like Kelly Rutherford pop up with Kyle’s love child. 

• Members

Good lord that cabbage patch faced looking Uncle Billy humping Summer taunting Sally. I can’t wait for the idiot to be knocked down several pegs. Kyle even told the dumb pig to leave Sally alone.

What in the hell am I watching? Why is Sharon providing counsel to Chelsea? God what a terrible storyline.

• Members

For the same reason Elena has dream after dream of kissing or sexing Devon and just had a random sex scenes. TPTB are taking advantage of the actors real life romance to get more intimacy on the show. SC and MG can touch and kiss while MG abd MCE can't due to covid. 

• Members

Not that the Kyle baby thing is some great gold, but they do tend to burn through any story that could conceivably provide drama while lingering on banal stuff like Victoria using her kids to manipulate Billy away from Lily. Kyle really shouldn’t know what Sally/Theo know this soon.

• Members

CBS and Sony couldn't be more checked out of Y&R could they? Griffith is zzzzzzzzzzzzz. 

Now Kyle suddenly has a kid? Where was this secret a few years ago when Theo first came on? Lawd. 

And agreed on everyone too nice. Why do soaps want to be Hallmark movies? I don't get it. GH was trending that way too for a while but finally has some sparks of being a soap again. Characters actually argue!

Edited by KMan101

• Members

B&B actually portrays conflict and soapy secrets, but feels similar in many ways (a lot of rushing through story and missing beats while also feeling very slow and repetitive). I do wonder what’s happening at CBS. Certainly The Talk’s troubles might be a focus right now.