Y&R February 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Most likely sleeps

Please register in order to view this content

The only things of some interest to me are Devon/Amanda/Nate/Elena and the Jack/Sally stuff. The rest of the show is a tragic mess and feels like it is being ghost written by Brad Bell aka Thudley the way it is stuck on repeat.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Hahahahaha!!! That is how I'm feeling. However if the Devon/Elena/Nate triangle managed to resurrect itself after being rushed a few months ago...maybe there's 'some' hope. 

I also want to see where Faith's story goes as well. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

This month is a little bittersweet as February 14 would have been Kristoff St. John's 30th anniversary on Y&R. RIP.

On a happier note, two cast members will be having milestone birthdays this month. Sharon Case turns 50 on February 9, and Jess Walton turns 75 on February 18.

• Members

WOW.

That is bittersweet. Where I am watching right now, Devon was talking to Amanda about his relationship with Tucker and how as far as he was concerned Neil was his father. Just in how BJ said it, I felt that. RIP.

50 and 75. And they still look fierce. 

• Members

Congrats to Jess Walton (Jill, as the longest running character in the show's history ought to be a major player, on par with Victor and Jack).

Congrats to Sharon Case, 50 and fabulous.

That KSJ milestone is sad for so many reasons- what might have been. There is a small group, in terms of actors currently on the canvas who have been on longer than KSJ: DD, MTS, EB, ED, BM, TB, KL, TC (don't know if I have forgotten anyone). As it was, KSJ was the longest running African American actor on the show. Now it's Bryton, it's as if a whole history of Black actors no longer even exist on this show, and I'm not even talking about just VR and TLW.

• Members

That was something that was on my mind recently. I saw the SOD cover with Devon/Elena/Nate triangle and I had to think how long has it been since Bryton was on the cover outside of a general Sweeps/Seasonal cover. He's been around for a loooong time. 

I know there has been discussion for good and bad over Theo and good to tie him to one of the first families on Y&R, but the execution was lacking. And there was definitely more they could do with him now that they did it since he's in the right age range. But the history of black characters of this show? That's a whooole other avenue of history to think about and pull from as well. Lost opportunity. Especially since there is history there...some of which I know of thanks to here and mags but before my time.

• Members

Snowstorm coverage will likely preempt everything in the NYC viewing area and other affected places in the Northeast.

Edit: I was wrong. CBS2 is airing Y&R

This Chelsea “story” is stupid af, with Sharon “treating” her. It’s almost as if they are intentionally making the show unwatchable.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Here in CT we get to see cute doggies and watch people shiver and talk about snow.  You live in New England people, just look out your window....

Then again, can't miss much if whiny-ass Chelsea eats the episode.......

Oh well  back to watching

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Lauralee, I forgot about. I was thinking of PB at the time, thought I had typed his name, guess not.

I'm talking about active and alive characters still on the canvas. There really aren't tbat many, imo. Nonetheless, my point really is that no other African American actor still on the show has anywhere close to the level of seniority of Sharon or Nick, let alone Paul or Lauren. KSJ came the closest and he's gone. People say Bryton has been on for a long time. Yes and no, on a show where you have people on for 20, 30+ years, it's not remarkable.

• Members

I predict that Faith will self harm or try to kill herself because of how Nick and Sharon are ganging up on her and not allowing her to see her friends.  Then she will end up in a psych ward and maybe her character will be written off.  Then she will reappear 5 years later, played by an older actress (SORAS).