Days: January 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Agreed that this was an excellent episode (except for the Ben scenes). I especially like how the story Gwen told brings up some new mysteries. Is Jack actually her biological dad? And who, if not Jack, was paying her mother off every month? (Was it maybe someone like Harper or Angelica?) 

And Emily O'Brien is doing a great job showing us Gwen's pain and vulnerability, especially in that final scene where she's alone in her hotel room. 

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Harper paying off Gwen's mother would make perfect sense, because he wanted Jack to be a politician and having an illegitimate child with some random woman would have hurt his career.

Emily O'Brien was great today. I almost had sympathy for Gwen by the end of today's episode and it was all due to her performance

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I am betting that Tiffany Rizczech is an alias.  I think Gwen's mother's real name was Kristina Andropolous.  Jack had a mini-affair with her when he was engaged to Melissa, Jennifer's cousin.  Kristina was Victor's pseudo goddaughter.  Gwen's mom may have lied about the timeline of when she met Jack, like she appears to have lied about other things.

Maybe it was Victor who was paying her off.  I am not sure why.  But it actually was Victor who banished Kristina Andropolous from Salem.

Interestingly, Kristina was played by Chelsea Noble, Kirk Cameron's wife.  She played Kate on Growing Pains, an infinitely inferior and less popular character than Julie, who the audience loved, but was played by an actress that Kirk Cameron hated because she posed in Playboy.  So he had her fired.  

Kristina Andropolousis | Days of our Lives Wiki | Fandom

• Members

I know it’s a soap, but I just have a hard time accepting all that Gwen has done to get back at Jack, and all the time it’s taken. 

She said all she wanted was to have Jack love her and care about her. OK, then why do the stuff she’s done?

And I still don’t understand why Jack is so confused about everything and denying it all. And then they decide not to do a paternity test? Please.

• Members

I watched. Emily O'Brien is so good. I love Jack's look of absolute WTF confusion. It was well done. And believable. Obviously there seems to be a bit *more* to the story (cue Laura).

Ugh. Ben. I actually didn't hate him with Allie (ducks). But sigh. He's still a killer. That will never change. I won't give in and just get over it like Ron and the show wants, lol. 

lol, I have to agree. It's so bizarre she wants love and acceptance yet she tried to completely demolish his entire family. LOL. Oh Uncle Ron.

• Members

I think the entire Gwen storyline is insipid and an example of poor writing (Emily O'Brien is a good actress who could be enjoyable to watch if not given drivel).

We are to believe that Gwen plotted revenge and just happened to find Jake, the unknown twin of Stefan, to hook up with. 

Then she found Doctor Rolf and brought him into the plan of revenge.

Then she faked mental illness (or did she) and went to Bayview where she was Claire's roommate.

Then got back with Jake and went to the Dimera mansion.

Not to mention that she lucked into Chad becoming the dumbest husband on earth who she could manipulate. 

Ron, you are needing the viewers to be incredibly stupid for this storyline to work.

• Members

I actually think that helps to make her more of a realistic and complex character - she made it clear that her plan has always been to get revenge on him and his family but at the same time she couldn't hide her hurt and anger when Jack asked if she wanted money. It would be a shame if she was completely unsympathetic all the time.

I'm so glad they decided to make Gwen part of Jack's pre-Salem history and not another terrible retcon

• Members

I agree, those were a lot of amazing coincidences lol but I’m still liking the storyline, especially Emily O’Brien’s work in it. Plus, I also really like that it didn’t screw up the timeline.

Hey, back in the day, fans had to believe the amazing coincidence of the complete stranger that Susan Martin had random sex in the park with turning out to be her new boyfriend’s brother

Please register in order to view this content

Don’t worry, I’d never throw anything at ya

For me, it’s the same thing as before. Like who the f..k is he to pass judgment on anybody, even Charlie. Yes, he really damaged Allie’s life, but at least Allie still has a life to live, unlike a few other women that we know lol

Edited by AbcNbc247