Days: January 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think taking some time off the show has actually done Galen Gering some good, because I've been really liking Rafe's scenes recently. He was a fun straight man in the lighter, comedic scenes with Gabi and Nicole today, and I thought he was great in those cat-and-mouse interrogation scenes with Charlie the other day. 

• Members

Yup. So many characters are meandering or stuck in a stupid story situation. She is one of them. No reason to have her around. But let's not have her run off with the baby. Brady is already co-parenting with Tate offscreen. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

I liked today's Kristen scenes, but boy is it weird to me how her relationship with Marlena has changed in the past couple of years. Seeing her hug Marlena and break down sobbing in her arms just felt so wrong to me. 

Also, how great was it to see John Aniston again today? I'd been a little worried about his health, since he's been absent from so many scenes in this Phillip vs. Xander storyline. But he was looking pretty good today (and of course he acted the hell out of his scenes, as usual). 

Edited by prefab1

• Members

This is why I laugh when people say that Charlie can't stay on the show after what he did to Allie. Kristen literally raped Marlena's son, video taped it, and showed the video to his family. This has been completely forgotten, not to mention the rest of the history with Kristen and Marlena. Now we have Kristen sobbing in Marlena's arms while she tells her everything is going to be okay.

• Members

Adults finding their biological parents is such a soap staple but it never intrigues me because the ensuing drama always seems to lack motivation.  Megan Hathaway, Renee DuMonde, Dianna Colville, Brandon Walker, Chloe Lane, Daniel Jonas, Jessica Blake, Eve Donovan, Donna Craig, and Bo Brady didn't know at least one of their birth parents until they were adults.  I don't know if John Black ever really found out who was his father.

In any other situation Jack would point to Patch and tell Gwen (a) finding your father does not automatically entitle you to inheritance rights, and (b) finding your father doesn't automatically mean you are entitled to his loyalty.  Then, Chad Dimera would stand up and remind everyone that he didn't know who his father was until a couple of years ago.  At least when Brooke Hamilton found out that she was Bob Anderson's daughter she had a motive for her evil ways because she wanted to own Anderson Manufacturing; Jack Deveraux doesn't have any family wealth left to steal.  In fact, for a good portion of Gwen's life most people thought Jack was dead.

Edited by j swift

• Members

It's actually offensive as a Kristen and Marlena fan.  Kristen tried to destroy Marlena, John and her children.  She was tried to kill Marlena, helped kidnap her multiple times, plus all the Eric/Brady stuff, and all the manipulation of John.  When Eileen returned Marlena/John basically imploded at her mere presence, but now everything is fine?  Kristen vs. Marlena was a fabulous rivalry and it's completely been ruined.  I could never, ever imagine Eileen and Deidre sharing a scene like that.  It honestly bugs me way more than Ben/Marlena.  Kristen has lost all her edge and is useless now.  It's a shame for such an iconic Days character.

• Members

I agree.  I don't like the way SH plays Kristen at all.  I think she's a good actress, but there is no humor in her portrayal.   She's always a victim and she is so morose.  There was always something root able (in a weird way) with ED's Kristen.  I don't know why Brady is so stuck on her.  Plus SH, is too young to be Kristen.  I know Kristen is younger than John and Marlena, but even with SORAS she should be about 10 years older than Brady.  They look like contemporaries.   Plus SH lacks any chemistry with the DH's or her siblings.  I think she's fine with EM and SS as Lani but that's about the only people on the show she sparks with.   I know it's a lot of bad writing, but Kristen should always be a thorn in Jarlena's side.  Sure, Marlena can be forgiving, but she's not downright stupid.  And cuddling Kristen while she sobs just makes them both look stupid.  I'd even except it if Kristen was somehow playing Marlena, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  She just wants MARLENA to raise her child if she's in prison forever lol.