Days: January 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think she's fine as Susan, but I never had that much investment in Susan.  I always thought Susan was borderline obnoxious with both ED and SH.  Is Susan disturbed, slow, mentally incompetent, or just a little wacky?  Who knows?  We will just trot Susan out, much like Hattie, for comic relief and plot points.  I guess I just don't see the point of making SH Kristen when she basically plays random Dimera sibling #10.  It would have the same effect since they don't play on 99% of Kristen's history on the show.  But if they wanted to make Susan an actual character I would have no problem with SH playing her.

• Members

Again, exactly how I feel. You say it so much better! I'm still working on my coffee hahaha 

I agree Susan can be annoying. I do think SH could play her as an actual character. She does a good job, right on par with Eileen. Her Kristen is just too different.

• Members

Lol!  No worries!  I am a morning person.

I think there might actually be more story to tell with Susan that SH could play.  There is a darkness to Susan that was never truly explored (her kidnapping Marlena/Kristen, her sudden John obsession in 97, the Will/EJ stuff).  But everyone in town sorta eye rolls her ridiculousness and moves on.  I think at this point Kristen is so played out I would "kill" her off and keep Susan and bring Kristen back if ED ever wants to return and just keep both actresses. 

But I don't need Susan at all if she going to have a few episodes where she says "Dr. Marlena Evans is my bestest friend or Kristen is mean, mean, mean."  That nonsense was tired in 1998. 

• Members

The issue with SH as Kristen is she’s so damn shrill when she’s emotional. I don’t mind her in family scenes with the DiMera’s and I thought she was very likeable in the time jump flashbacks. But they have her so emotional all of the time it gets old. There’s not a lot of layers to her Kristen. And as someone mentioned, her entire history has seemingly been swept under the rug now.