Get ready for a Samantha-less "Sex and The City"...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hmmm, they quote KC’s interview where she suggests having a POC actress play Samantha. I see why they’d avoid that, even though I imagine they feel some pressure to redress SATC’s diversity issues. Having an Asian-, Latin-, and African-American actress play “hypersexualized” in a group of white women would simply be a minefield.

Still I get why they’d do this. HBO Max is having problems getting signups.

• Members

The Carrie Diaries were going there in its second season by introducing Samantha, but obviously it was cancelled before they got to the part where Carrie meets Miranda and Charlotte.

I guess this sequel could open with Samantha's funeral.

Edited by te.

• Members

Of course I'll watch, but sometimes you can't go back home. Would Carrie STILL own her rent-controlled apartment on the side? Why? So Charlotte can have her "alone time" to read? Would we delve into real-world politics and out Charlotte as a Trump donor? (Or, like post-9/11, will they steer clear of topical issues?). Miranda is the mom to a college-aged kid now. Would he be gay? Non-binary? Surely they won't make him some hum-drum basic heterosexual. And Carrie... you still writing that column for a newspaper that no one reads anymore? Or is it strictly an online column/blog/YouTube video? Are you STILL going out every weekend to guzzle down cosmos or are you nestled on the couch watching 90 Day Fiance? 

I look forward to seeing what they come up with, Samantha or no Samantha.